Anybody here from Clinton?
I'd like to ask a few question.
Thanks

The Dude
08-13-2012, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-MrJwqcFc

The Dude
08-14-2012, 12:21 AM
No, but seriously..... I may have some second-hand, out of date, unreliable knowledge of the area........ waasup?

afflicted 1
08-14-2012, 03:47 AM
ok, what you need to know about clinton

kako99
08-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Well I never hunted Clinton drove through it lots. I have a co worker that has a cabin near Kelly lake. I was wondering if any one could pm me, some nice spots to hike up to around that area. Day hikes would be nice. He's a older guy and not into the hiking so he doesn't really know to much area off the roads. Thanks

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys for the reply.
I would like to know about living in Clinton, either trough here or you can send me a PM.
As for hiking, there are some good places, went to Circle H Ranch up the Jesmond road and hiked Wildhorse Ridge and Mount Kerr.
Nice area and I'm sure there are more good spots.

The Dude
08-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Houses are cheap, and the motel's for sale, I believe. So is the Lodge, if you have deep pockets. I know the owners.
Shopping is weak, you have to hit the Loops. Most of the Cops are dicks, cuz they don't wanna be there.
Lotsa sheep to look at, but only one or two on the new LEH.....all the Booners get poached.
.....ummmm
Oh yeah, stay offa my mountain!
:D

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Houses are cheap, and the motel's for sale, I believe. So is the Lodge, if you have deep pockets. I know the owners.
Shopping is weak, you have to hit the Loops. Most of the Cops are dicks, cuz they don't wanna be there.
Lotsa sheep to look at, but only one or two on the new LEH.....all the Booners get poached.
.....ummmm
Oh yeah, stay offa my mountain!
:D

OK, so what's your mountain?

The Dude
08-14-2012, 09:04 AM
All of them :D
Are you moving for work, or looking to by a starter home, or what?

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Not for work, but to get out of the city and buy a lot or a small piece of land where I can build a cozy little cabin.
Well , there got to be a mountain just for me, don't be so greedy:razz:

shed-hunter1
08-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Not for work, but to get out of the city and buy a lot or a small piece of land where I can build a cozy little cabin.
Well , there got to be a mountain just for me, don't be so greedy:razz:

nope all the good spots are taken you have to head further north

KB90
08-14-2012, 05:45 PM
All I know is everytime we drive through we play a game where we count the people lol.

I once counted 29! the whole town must have been out. The Norm is around 10.

Next time you drive through try it, it's fun! lol

frenchbar
08-14-2012, 05:50 PM
If thats your plan to live secluded on a piece of property in a small cabin .. good choice clinton if your into hunting ..weathers quite cold in the winter..but places to go hike and hunt are endless. kamloops is only a little over an hr a way for shopping as well .

steel_ram
08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Take the Pavillion Rd. Stay left and head up. It gets pounded pretty hard by road hunters but a short venture to one of the sub hills you might get lucky. That's how it was last time I was in the area and wanted a easy day.

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
nope all the good spots are taken you have to head further north

Guess you are right, the last time I drove through I saw a hunter behind every tree:)

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 08:44 PM
All I know is everytime we drive through we play a game where we count the people lol.

Next time you drive through try it, it's fun! lol

LMAO:mrgreen:

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 09:23 PM
If thats your plan to live secluded on a piece of property in a small cabin .. good choice clinton if your into hunting ..weathers quite cold in the winter..but places to go hike and hunt are endless. kamloops is only a little over an hr a way for shopping as well .

Not neccesarily so secluded, but in a quite setting with some land around and hunting nearby.

wildcatter
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Take the Pavillion Rd. Stay left and head up. It gets pounded pretty hard by road hunters but a short venture to one of the sub hills you might get lucky. That's how it was last time I was in the area and wanted a easy day.

Not long ago I drove from Kelly Lake over to Pavilion and thought there must be some good spots.
Mind you a section of the road is through a private ranch.
Thanks for the tip.

SR80
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Lots of big bucks, and immature moose they claim come outta there.

bc traper
08-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Next time you drive through try it, it's fun! lolMaybe if you opened your eyes and slowed down to the speed limit you might see something

The Dude
08-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Not long ago I drove from Kelly Lake over to Pavilion and thought there must be some good spots.
Thanks for the tip.

That's a big ranch up there, and it's huge. I know the caretakers, and even I can't hunt there, lol. (Except dogs and cats)
Once saw a massive bear in the fields too....bummer.

steel_ram
08-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the tip.

You'd turn up before the ranch heading from the Clinton side and end up in a big sub-alpine area with some communication towers etc. Might be all locked up now the way things are going. It's been a while and I hunt elsewhere now. It's just a possible easy alternative. No secret. Don't bake your breaks on the way down.

Late season "the mound" east of town was/is a good road hunt. Access again?

wildcatter
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
You'd turn up before the ranch heading from the Clinton side and end up in a big sub-alpine area with some communication towers etc. Might be all locked up now the way things are going. It's been a while and I hunt elsewhere now. It's just a possible easy alternative. No secret. Don't bake your breaks on the way down.

Yeah, I thought before the ranch gate there are some good areas.
Coming up from Pavilion before your get to the ranch also looks good.
I wonder if anybody went down and walked the train tracks?
I sure was mindful of the brakes coming down, but no problems.

wildcatter
08-15-2012, 09:30 AM
That's a big ranch up there, and it's huge. I know the caretakers, and even I can't hunt there, lol. (Except dogs and cats)
Once saw a massive bear in the fields too....bummer.

Huge is right, they have their own private hunting reserve.
Lucky bugger you can hunt there.

The Dude
08-15-2012, 09:43 AM

It's great for photos, but all private land, and they're sick of people poaching the best sheep off that sidehill that you know of if you've been around there.

wildcatter
08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
It's great for photos, but all private land, and they're sick of people poaching the best sheep off that sidehill that you know of if you've been around there.

I don't blame them for sure.
I've only been through only once but I think I know the hill you talking about.
Had a good look and it's a fantastic area if you live there or have the permission to hunt.