PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to go for a day hunt up to 4 hours from Vancouver

Spokes and Arrows
08-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to hunting and live in the Vancouver area. My buddy (another newbie) and I are keen to find a spot within 4 hr drive from Vancouver... are there any places? I wonder about Logan Lake, Cache Creek area?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Btw, we're going for anything we can eat - a deer would be awesome but a squirrel will do ;)

Steeleco
08-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Hell your nearly in Kamloops within 4 hours. There's more hunting within 4 hours than your going to learn in a lifetime. Get a BC country map book, pick a spot and go learn. Remember it's called hunting, not killing. The learning is half the fun.

421fighter
08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Don't get caught doing in a squirrel. They are a fur bearing animal.( i understand they taste like turptntine, at that)

The Dude
08-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Squirrels are vermin, kill em all. Oops, sorry........ they're protected (Red Squirrels). Dirty fuzzy tailed rats that rat me out when I'm still hunting.

Go thru Manning Park, and in between the eastern border and Princeton, ust drive, stop and walk for Mulies. Or drive North of squamish and hike for Blacktails and bears. Drive up the side of Harrison Lake and start walking.........

Geez, four hours from LML........like Steeleco said, you could hunt forever here.

BCHunterTV
08-14-2012, 06:10 AM
your in Vancouver, hit Squamish Elaho River area.

BigfishCanada
08-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Day trip??? If hunting for only that day Id try to learn about areas as close as possible?

keithb7
08-14-2012, 06:58 AM
I assume you mean driving to Kamloops for example, hunting, spend 1 night, hunt next day and drive home? Send me a PM. I can get point you in some Kamloops areas.

yota
08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to hunting and live in the Vancouver area. My buddy (another newbie) and I are keen to find a spot within 4 hr drive from Vancouver... are there any places? I wonder about Logan Lake, Cache Creek area?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Btw, we're going for anything we can eat - a deer would be awesome but a squirrel will do ;)

Hey guys I live in poco now and go on lots of 1-2 day trips with in 4hrs of here. If I was you I would grab a pack a tent and all the other gear needed for a night camp and drive into the bush till you hit a dead end then hike it from there. Learn how animals move and act in an area. have fun, be safe, and good luck.

mnholt
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
4 hrs from Vancouver has to be one of the hardest hit zones in bc, I'd be surprised if anyone is going to call out their honey spots... my 2 cents would be cultus lake, I think you can trap a lot of beaver over there..

lovemywinchester
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Birken/ Pempy area. Just pull in and park in a locals drive way. They like that. Tell them you're from the city.

Ltbullken
08-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't get caught doing in a squirrel. They are a fur bearing animal.( i understand they taste like turptntine, at that)

Gray squirrels is vermin - kill 'em...

Ltbullken
08-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Coquihalla area. Go to Britton Creek FSR and explore until you run out of daylight.

Jelvis
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Tunkwa Lake area via Savona. Or up the hills behind Ashcroft. BOOM!
Jel ( Two Ton ) Tony

snowhunter
08-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Nanaimo Lakes area is a premium deer hunting area.

Texada Island, lots of deer and grouse.

Norris Creek just past Mission, close to the farms. Lots of deer on those hills.

Fraser Canyon many valley's, past Boston Bar and up to Lytton.

Chilliwack Lakes area, the eastern part.

tachi
10-31-2016, 05:07 PM
I assume you mean driving to Kamloops for example, hunting, spend 1 night, hunt next day and drive home? Send me a PM. I can get point you in some Kamloops areas.
Hello:
I'm an new hunter in Kamloops area, would you please give me some advice where to go?
Very appreciate for your help.
Regards,
David

ajeatoo
10-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Birken/ Pempy area. Just pull in and park in a locals drive way. They like that. Tell them you're from the city.

LMAO!!! Oh yeah that's a big favourite ;)

twoSevenO
10-31-2016, 10:00 PM
Here i thought Jelvis was back ..... then I realized someone just resurrected another thread from years ago :(