PDA

View Full Version : Northern BC water level??

Call of the Wild
08-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I drove by the Athabasca river in Whitecourt and the level is higher than I've ever seen, I'm quite shocked since it's mid August.*

That made me think of the water level in northern BC. Anyone is in the know of river or creek water levers? *Thanks, I'm not expecting high levels since it been a dry year in the Peace.*

Swamp mule
08-13-2012, 08:35 PM
still saw some snow patches on the mountain tops through the powder king area and I heard that one guide can't get back to one of his mountain passes for hunting since there is still a considerable amount of snow up and over the horse's belly west of fort nelson

Cordillera
08-13-2012, 09:00 PM
There is a low streamflow advisory for northeast BC. Very low snowpack and dry spring and summer. The Skeena and stikine basins had very late freshet with flood levels late into July. However it has been very dry of all of August and water levels are getting back into near normal range in the western part of northern BC.

BCRiverBoater
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/text_search/search_e.html?search_by=p&region=BC

All the info you need. Has historical data so you can compare each river to years past.

Call of the Wild
08-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I checked few rivers stats and it should be comparable to lower levels than last year.