PDA

View Full Version : who here is from dawson creek or transplanted to grande prairie

bowhunterbruce
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
well as many of you know i've moved up north, currently working out of grande prairie, i have gone and met me the woman of my dreams and moved out to hicksville. the name is demmitt,alberta.
now before any one gets thier panties in a knot, i do not qualifiy to be an alberta resident hunter until 'ive lived here for 6 months and that means nov.
so im still ( and always will be in my heart) a true bc hunter.
for those in the know, demmitt is a mear 10 minute drive to the bc border from where i live and thats at scouting speed so i'm wondering who else is up this way.
leaving kelowna was a bitter sweet move and it was real tough to leave what i always felt was home but when a dream is discovered while traveling through this one chance at life ,one needs to do whatever it takes to achive that dream no matter what and who you leave behind. those true friends will forever be there so i jumped on board to work in the patch for the good fast hard earned money of the north.
currently living on a quarter section filled with whitetails and elk,next season should be a breeze but this up comming season is going to be a challenge and a half.
ive been out a couple times now doing some scouting and the realization of hunting up here is completly different from down in the okanagan or in the mountians where ive grown up. and if i am to have any success this up comming season ,i humbly ask those up this way for some tips and pointers.
with moose season starting next week and work being work i am planning to be out nightly and every weekend but with the patch being the patch when work calls,its go time.
so anyone up this way wanting a knowledgeable hard hunting ,hard working, and all round great guy to tag along and certianally not afraid of hard work then let me know.
in the mean time happy hunting everyone and the very best of luck to all
bruce

Rackmastr
08-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Just an FYI, you do not need to live in Alberta for 6 months before qualifying as a resident. There is no waiting period to meet residency requirements.

Your in a great area of the province for sure!

bowhunterbruce
08-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Just an FYI, you do not need to live in Alberta for 6 months before qualifying as a resident. There is no waiting period to meet residency requirements.

ok so ive been mis-informed (is that even a word). well the lil lady has her "w i n", so she can take all the alberta critters ,but you know as well as i do that there is no way in he!! i'm going to have any woman of mine put all the food on the table lol, its just wrong knowing that my tags are good only a few country blocks away

Iron Sighted
08-11-2012, 10:10 PM
It's never easy leaving a place you've lived at for a long time, I feel your pain, I'm on the move too, gonna be leaving Pemberton and moving to Tumbler Ridge, not too far from where you are. Mostly I'll be missing all my friends and the beautiful area around me, but on the bright side, region 7-B is pretty too and the hunting should be way better than where I'm currently at. Hopefully I don't freeze my ass off too badly in the winter, growing up on the Island and then living in the Whistler/Pemberton area for the last 16 years, this will be my first winter somewhere that actually gets cold, gonna have to get used to shoveling the driveway more regularly as well lol.

Good luck to you in hunting your new area and adapting to living somewhere new, I'm sure you'll get it all figured out and have an animal on the ground before hunting season closes. On the bright side, if your lady is the only one who ends up cutting any tags this year, at least your friends in Kelowna are far enough away that they can't bug you about it all the time :)

elkdom
08-12-2012, 08:52 AM
congratulations! did you hook up with the "One eyed chick" with the wooden leg,?

that used to work at the FastGas/Border Gas Bar at Demmit ?

wow ! she is a "looker" :shock:

welcome to the neighborhood,,,,,,,,,,,

MuleyMadness
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM

He sure is in a great spot...and you can pick up your WIN card immediately as well, I know crappy tire and just about every hunting store has electronic access....5 minutes and yous legal!

Personally I think home is where you make it, not necessarily where you've become accustomed to calling 'home.'. I'm sure you'll never regret your decision, and the best part is, Kelowna is just a short flight from GP if you ever get the urge to go back.

Lillypuff
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I made the the move 10 years ago and loved every minute of it. You are in wonderful whitetail country and will see some hogs. You get an early season to bowhunt mules which there are some hogs as well. I lived in High Level and drew moose for 6 straight years and was successful. Enjoy it the only things that I do not miss is the mosquitos and 6 months of winter. Good luck and have fun