PDA

View Full Version : Powell River hunting area

b.c hunter 88
08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
hey every one
well with hunting starting in about 4 weeks im planing on a multi hunt normaly i road hunt but i wanna
try for a mtn goat and will have a deer tag blk bear tag mabe a couger and bob cat i cant decied the best place to hunt
Emma lake area
Alpha Beta Gamma lake
Walt lake area
Freada lake area
has any one been to these places what kinda acces do they have.
i know ill be hiking and really dont wanna road hunt allot this year.

Rhyla
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I was just up at Emma. Thought the same thing. The hike in is pretty brutal. Absolutely stunning, beautiful area but I wouldn't want to have to pack anything out of there. Not sure how the other areas would be. Haven't been out the Alpha/Beta/Gamma since I was a kid.

jimh
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
From what I understand Freda mountain is quite a hike but getting to Freda lake is very easy with a good road running right to it. If you want a good map showing the roads etc pm me your email and I'll try sending it to you. Jim

b.c hunter 88
10-17-2012, 05:30 PM
i was up alpha betta gamma area the road has been fixed up by the alpine club supper nice area ran out of time tho

madrona sh
10-18-2012, 09:06 AM
The Bunster hills is were the big berry bears are at.
Get up into the yellow cedar.

Finding time
10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
The last few weekend is the best time for goat hunting in Powell river area. Not a lot of easy spots to get to but they are out there I hope I get one this year as it will be my fifth one and they are the best eating. Good luck!