PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Warrenty ????

moose2
08-11-2012, 08:51 AM
I just had my Viper 10x42 binos returned to me yesterday after sending them in only 3 weeks ago for some minor repairs. I had stripped the fine adjustment ring in - 20 weather due to the ice build up on them ( my fault ) and the rubber supporting the lens caps had been broken causing me to loose the caps over a two year period. The binos came back quickly fully repaired, cleaned, polished and all the caps had been replaced. They also paid the return shipping costs. I am really happy with the quality of these binos and the warrenty seems to be as good as vortex says. I would highly recommend this companies optics based on my experience with these and other brands in the same price range.
Mike

BromBones
08-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Warranty + quality sells optics - the main reason you'll find Leupold and Vortex products with my gear.

Companies like Bushnell who make some good quality stuff, but wont stand behind it when it breaks will never get me for a customer again.

Downwind
08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Warranty + quality sells optics - the main reason you'll find Leupold and Vortex products with my gear.

Companies like Bushnell who make some good quality stuff, but wont stand behind it when it breaks will never get me for a customer again.

This is the biggest thing for me. You might make a great product but if it fails and you don't stand behind it then it's not something I want to be spending my hard earned dollars on. I haven't had to take advantage of the Vortex warranty yet but haven't heard anything but positive experiences. Products fail, that's inevitable with mass production. How a company handles those failures is what defines them.

WaderGator
08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
bought Vortex binos last weekend and the warranty was the deciding factor

moosecamp
08-11-2012, 11:12 AM

I was at W.W.S. about a month ago and was told that the Bushnell rep told them to do a over the counter exchange if it was in stock. Told this to a hunting partner of mine that was having a problem with 3200 scope and they exchanged it on the spot. Hopefully their policy has changed for the better and stays that way.

REMINGTON JIM
08-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Bushnell has always treated me fair with warranty BUT its takes anywhere from 2-4 months though - there service time for repair is ?????? :shock: RJ

BromBones
08-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I was at W.W.S. about a month ago and was told that the Bushnell rep told them to do a over the counter exchange if it was in stock. Told this to a hunting partner of mine that was having a problem with 3200 scope and they exchanged it on the spot. Hopefully their policy has changed for the better and stays that way.

Agree, sometimes they are good about warranty, and other times you'd do better to go hammer a bullet into your forehead.

The inconsistency is the problem, where a place like Korth-Leupold, it's 100% no questions asked - you know it's getting fixed or you're getting a new one.

RiverOtter
08-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Agree, sometimes they are good about warranty, and other times you'd do better to go hammer a bullet into your forehead.

The inconsistency is the problem, where a place like Korth-Leupold, it's 100% no questions asked - you know it's getting fixed or you're getting a new one, OR SOMEONE ELSES.

Fixed it for ya.........:-P

But in all serousness, they made that issue right on all counts.......

ElectricDyck
08-11-2012, 09:21 PM
The rubber eye piece covers on my viper binocs broke in half after 3 years, 1 email and another was in the mail on them, two thumbs up, I'm also very happy with the optic quality as well!

ianwuzhere
08-11-2012, 09:23 PM
good to know- i dont own any vortex stuff- i dont mind paying more money if i know there is a good warranty.
thanx for the heads up!

mddat
08-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I have a Vortex viper HS 2.5-10x44 scope and the inner post on the elevation turret was spinning with the outter turret knob, sent it back to vortex for repairs and it took 4 weeks, They even sent me an email after 3 weeks to say the warranty had been completed and they were on there way back from the usa. They paid for express return shipping and provided me with a tracking number. Very pleased with there customer service, and will definitly buy more of there products without worry.

Springer
08-12-2012, 06:53 AM
I have the 10x42 Viper Hd's and the right eyepiece setscrew kept coming loose, i took them back where i bought them and they exchanged me with a brand new pair and said have a nice day, no questions asked..

Phreddy
08-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I always tell new hunters on my CORE course that good scopes are forever while the rifles under them are often changed. Leupold and Vortex are always my recommendation for a good affordable scope.