PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Reciprocating saw and blade for bone?

264mag
08-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I am buying a cordless reciprocating saw for our Moosehunt. Can anyone suggest a good cordless and blade combo?

Thanks in advance everyone.

f350ps
08-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Buy yourself a good quality 24" butchers meat hand saw with a couple extra blades. I went the sawzall route many years ago and found that the hand saws were way easier and faster. K

Marlin375
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Makita
"The axe" demolition blade

ufishifish2
08-09-2012, 11:03 PM
I took a cheap Ryobi one with two batteries up on our bison hunt a year and a half ago. I wouldn't be caught without one now if not having to hike it around in a pack. It worked slick on two bison and was incredibly fast. Go with the most agressive blade you can find.

firstshot
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I use an 18v li-ion Milwaukee sawzall. When it was new I could quarter a moose with one battery, now that it's older I have to bring a second battery. 9" wood or demo blades like "The Ax" from milwaukee work great.

Living in the Peace
08-09-2012, 11:45 PM
In FSJ Home hardware carries blades 12'' inches long 3 teeth per in(important) They started bringing them in for some local butchers and now stock them. I can't remember the brand but they are the yellow ones /red package.3 teeth/inch don't plug up and no comparison to other blades. I think around $10 for two. You will get more bone chips compared to finer blades though.

hunter1947
08-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Buy yourself a good quality 24" butchers meat hand saw with a couple extra blades. I went the sawzall route many years ago and found that the hand saws were way easier and faster. K

X2 the manual blade is the way to go but if you go with the sawzall Makita is a very good saw to get with a very course blade..

BLR4EVER
08-10-2012, 06:22 AM
They do make stainless meat blades for a cordless. got mine at Torbram in Courtenay.

Call of the Wild
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks I'll check it out. I found out while using my corded saw any wood blade fine or coarse are not very efficient. The teeth build up with flesh and bone fragments fast and then the blades don't cut very good.

In FSJ Home hardware carries blades 12'' inches long 3 teeth per in(important) They started bringing them in for some local butchers and now stock them. I can't remember the brand but they are the yellow ones /red package.3 teeth/inch don't plug up and no comparison to other blades. I think around $10 for two. You will get more bone chips compared to finer blades though.

Whonnock Boy
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
X3 with the trusted and true butchers saw. A couple extra blades and you are good to go. The problem with electric is that they die, you think you have charged batteries, they quit working, unless you have a generator or inverter you cannot charge them again for the second or third animal, they are more expensive, and eventually the batteries will go kaput. A good butchers saw will last you a lifetime. Just my .02 cents.

BLR4EVER
08-10-2012, 03:12 PM
the 18 volt milwaukee sawall, with the charger that works either 120v or off your cigarette lighter in your trucks works very well, use mine at work all the time and out hunting never a problem.

08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
We are a tie!!
almost.... Sawzall..... demo blades. "Eats Wood and nails for breakfast" demo blades. The blades dont gum up if they are coarse enough,,, you still need to cut the meat to get to the bone.

tim3500
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Sawzall & demo blades makes short work of a moose . Bring a saw Murfy law is out there