PDA

View Full Version : McGregor River

cuervosail
08-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have any advice/experience regarding McGregor River, east of PG? I'm considering a late September hunt (moose/deer/elk) by canoe - putting in at the bridge on the Pass Lake FSR and floating downstream, either to the bridge at North Fraser FSR, or to Avery Creek Rec site on the Fraser. Or, would I likely to be more successful on the Parsnip. Any and all advice appreciated.

Riverboatfantasy
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Bring a machete in order to cut the brush. Thick and shitty up there.

srupp
08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
hmmm hunted grizzly and moose there successfully..enjoyed it..

steven

Machinist
08-09-2012, 04:02 PM
last season it was pretty tough getting in there , the bridge was washed out if you do a search on this site you may be able to find the thread , A freind of mine went in there on LEH , and had to park at the bridge and ferry the equipment across with atv's allong with a bunch of other hunters , from what i understand the bridge has not yet been rebuilt , maybe someone on this board with better knowledge could chime in on the status of the bridge.

Viking
08-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Go down or up stream from the bridge at Church/North Fraser or upstream from the Pass rd suspension bridge. Any boating in the canyon between those two bridges on the McGregor is a real bad idea.

jml11
08-10-2012, 07:47 AM
last season it was pretty tough getting in there , the bridge was washed out if you do a search on this site you may be able to find the thread , A freind of mine went in there on LEH , and had to park at the bridge and ferry the equipment across with atv's allong with a bunch of other hunters , from what i understand the bridge has not yet been rebuilt , maybe someone on this board with better knowledge could chime in on the status of the bridge.

New Bridge was installed at 24km in early december last year.

Like Viking stated I believe the river downstream of the Pass Lake Bridge is impassable.

Salty
08-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Don't even think of boating any of these northern rivers into the Fraser without checking Google earth and otherwise doing a ton of research. A similar plan lead to 6 dead young men many years ago including brothers of two friends. Rivers in mountains = no go.

trebreklaw
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
DO NOT ATTEMPT going down from the bridge!!! not passable.

Does anyone know the road condition from McGregor to the bridge?

tomahawk
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Generally speaking this area is way past its prime. The area is very overgrown and tough slogging. In the past it was great for moose and griz but its past its prime now. Caution is required on the rivers.