PDA

View Full Version : Buying first Compound bow.

tightgrouper
08-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I am biting the bullet and now on the hunt for my first bow. I would like to drop about 1large on a new compound bow with all the bells and whistles for deer hunting this year. I am looking for advice on where to shop. I am left handed and am hoping to walk out of someones door all set up and ready to go. Looking to get this done quick. Any pointers and help appreciated. There is so much out there to chose from it is hard to know where to start.

The Silent Stalker
08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
The guys at Boorman's Archery in New Westminster are great guys and even though I have not been to, I hear good things about the guys at Big Game Archery and I'm sure there's guys on here that will back both of those shops. Local, and very good products to choose from. There are some great deals on bows at Wholesale I saw a week or so ago. If you know the brand you want, look online. I found want I wanted to start with online, Ready To Hunt package almost $300 cheaper in the states and it came with a dozen arrows. Now, I had no idea how to set it up so that took a little time and the arrows were cheap. Next bow I buy will be through a local shop, I think it's worth the extra $$ for a little service and tuning help. Good luck, it's an awesome thing to get into, I have no regrets.

000buck
08-09-2012, 04:01 AM
There are a lot of reputable dealers on the west coast...... but geographically there is a bit of driving to do to get to them... perhaps you could narrow you search to maybe an area the size of the lower mainland, vancouver island?