PDA

View Full Version : Taxidermist issue! Advice please....

skleep23
08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
So I shot my first black bear almost 2.5 years ago. A nice cinnamon to boot around a 6 footer. I dropped it off with a local taxidermist in the Fraser Valley the day I shot it. I have contacted him a few times to check on progress. The last email I received was in February saying the felt was getting done and I would have it in a week. Well it has been 6 months. I'm pretty bitter about the whole situation and almost don't want the rug back, I'm more concerned about the skull. Should I put this Taxi on blast here on the site?? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

ianwuzhere
08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
id only blast the taxi if after u get it and it sux.. hopefully u get it soon- phone or talk to him in person is best..
good luck!

steelheadSABO
08-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd go talk to the taxidermist in person and get him to show you the progress and state of your bear. And if he is not willing to do so then something is probably up.

TheProvider
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Talk to him in person. You can't blast the taxidermist on this website. Maybe an issue came up. Some companies customer service isn't up to snuff.

mwalter
08-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Go ask for it back and take it to another guy. Don't support business like that good luck I hope he has it labeled and accessible for you.

WKCotts
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Drive out there... Ill come with you.

showtime
08-07-2012, 09:28 PM
dont blast him on here just yet, make a face to face with him and work something out. if its not there then you get creative.

srupp
08-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd go talk to the taxidermist in person and get him to show you the progress and state of your bear. And if he is not willing to do so then something is probably up.

I agree...however regardless 2.5 years is totally out of line..something is way out of line..

cheers and good luck..

steven

skleep23
08-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks WestKoots! If you're in town lets head out friday! UPDATE...... Just got a pm from his friend. Said I'll have it Friday...... I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for the advice and all the pm's. It's very much appreciated.

sawmill
08-08-2012, 06:15 AM
2.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the f&ck is he doing?Get a sheet of plywood and make a sign that says CENTURY TAXIDERMY(give or take a decade) and stick it on his shop.Get your bear back(bet ya he doesn`t even have it)

BCHunterTV
08-08-2012, 06:26 AM
i had the same issue one time with a tanned hide, in the end i got a different bear back.

cameron0518
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Why on earth have you not already gone down there and get answers face to face? Obviously you are being railroaded in some way and good luck getting any of YOUR bear back. Hopefully there are some pics that could help prove it isn't your bear if you get anything back, sue him and put his name in the dirt.

Rackmastr
08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
What does your contract say? That should leave you all the answer you need.

Other than that, speaking to a person face to face is the best business a person can do to try and resolve a dispute.

wsm
08-08-2012, 05:28 PM
go see him in person, then let us all the outcome here . i'd like to no where not to go , if there is a problem of trust