PDA

View Full Version : Early season mule deer hunting by Stoyoma/Cabin Lake?

jesse-kleine
08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Just curious as to whether anyone has been up into the alpine and if they saw any mule deer?

jesse-kleine
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks! Anybody else seen bucks up there?

dingdongdenny
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
hmmm, isn't mandatory for new members to first post a joke?welcome to the site.In specificly alpine where?island lower mainland, kootenee's,northern bc?

jesse-kleine
08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Haha! Its by Boston Bar.

Ruger4
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
hmmm, isn't mandatory for new members to first post a joke?

love how the newbies school the newbies hahahaaa LOL :-P

lovemywinchester
08-07-2012, 05:47 PM
No it's not.

Yes it is! Joke or get out.

Lots of nice bucks around so far. Saw a few beauties this weekend through the spotting scope. Not so easy to get shots when they are on the move.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/IMGP8639.jpg

dino
08-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes it is! Joke or get out.

Lots of nice bucks around so far. Saw a few beauties this weekend through the spotting scope. Not so easy to get shots when they are on the move.

That doesnt look like alpine there bud. No disrespect intended, the veg looks wrong.

jesse-kleine
08-07-2012, 06:00 PM

Nice! That was near Stoyoma?

lovemywinchester
08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
That doesnt look like alpine there bud. No disrespect intended, the veg looks wrong.

Im out of shape. 1500 ft is alpine for me right now.

lovemywinchester
08-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Nice! That was near Stoyoma?

Close, near Merritt. LOTS of bucks around. Seeing them everywhere right now. I believe they will disappear Sept 9 as usual.

BlacktailStalker
08-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Do a search on mulie info.
You'll see 99% of the time there is minimal info publicly advertised... take what you're told on here with a grain of salt too many guys are too happy to bs you...
Spend the time to hike in for a day or two and find out. If you live on the mainland already it should be easy to check out several spots in a season. Good luck.

Trophyslayer
08-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Lots of guys hunt up there. I have a bunch of times it's ok never taken a buck up there I've only seen dinks and does. Almost every time I've been up there by cabin lake I've run into hikers too

dino
08-07-2012, 08:13 PM

I hear ya, I dont know how Im going to do it this year.

RENO
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Just curious as to whether anyone has been up into the alpine and if they saw any mule deer?

Welcome to HUNTING BC ! Jokes are good,but an intro would be better, Junior is a title and it would be nice to know to whom we are speaking, so we can respond appropriately , deer are everywhere and no one is going to give you their honey holes. study your game and it's habits, pick areas you would like to hunt and do some scouting, I would suggest scouting on the off season so when the season starts you know where and when to go. You may get lucky anywhere , but for a big boys you gotta work for it . Be safe and good luck on your hunt and again welcome.:smile:

http://www.trophymuleys.com/locatingdeer/locatingdeer.htm

coach
08-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Those Toronto Maple Leafs workouts not workin for ya?

lovemywinchester
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Those Toronto Maple Leafs workouts not workin for ya?

It's too hot to hike. Just drinking beer. Heat wave is over next week then its GO TIME! Or maybe not.

bosca
08-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Jesse...As many have suggested... spend the time in the area to get a feel for where the traffic is. Stayoma is as good a place as any but you need too do some home work. Not sure how much time you plan to spend but you dont want to spend your first 3 days searching for where to focus. Been there...done that.
I have done some camping at cabin lake in late August and it is beautiful. Lots of bugs...but beautiful. Some really nice ridges to glass from. Have seen more deer on the way up then I have in the alpine.
Have fun and good luck...dont forget to post how it goes.