PDA

View Full Version : Black Creek Salmon Charters

greenhorn
08-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey HBC -

My family and some extended family are doing a family trip to camp around Black Creek. We'll be staying in one of those paved camping sites that back onto the Saratoga Beach/ Oyster River area.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with any of the Salmon guides up there, or Salmon fishing in mid-August in that area. I haven't fished there and would appreciate any tips so that I can take my family from the Okanagan out.

So I guess my specific questions are: anyone use one of the local guides up there? Could you pass along names/info by PM so that the thread doesn't get locked?? Any other Salmon specific info for this region would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lorneparker1
08-07-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.crabbyscharters.com/

Chris is your guy. Tell him Lorne sent you

Fishing has been real good around here till the weekend it slowed quite a bit, But will pick up again soon.
The campbell river is STACKED with pinks right now, so bring your own rod as well. Fun fishery.

Lorne

greenhorn
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.crabbyscharters.com/

Chris is your guy. Tell him Lorne sent you

Fishing has been real good around here till the weekend it slowed quite a bit, But will pick up again soon.
The campbell river is STACKED with pinks right now, so bring your own rod as well. Fun fishery.

Lorne

Thanks, just shot him an email.....

Salty
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Traditionally a marginal area at best IME, but not far to go north to Campbell or even a little further north than that even better. Good luck and have fun

BlacktailStalker
08-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Dane @ Hammertime charters, (250)650-0712.
Catches more than anyone I know locally and also does west coast. Has an awesome 24' pilot house with twin suzukis...
He hammers big springs pretty regularily. Dont pay for pinks lol

lorneparker1
08-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Traditionally a marginal area at best IME, but not far to go north to Campbell or even a little further north than that even better. Good luck and have fun

Weird how a lot of the Cr guides and the painters boats have been down here almost all year.