PDA

View Full Version : First four point

Gus
11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
So, my girfriend is up visiting from victoria for the week and I had promised I'd take her out to the cabin for a night while she was here. It was going to have to be a quick trip cause i couldn't really afford the time off school, but what the hell. We went out Monday night, and Tuesday morning I got up, grabbed the rifle, and went for a walk, as once in a while we've seen some deer around, mostly does or the odd spike or fork horn. Wind was blowing like a ******* so after an hour hunting the block I moved into the bush, where I found some real fresh sign. i kept slowly working my way through cause with how fresh the sign was, i knew it was only a matter of time. All of a sudden I spotted this buck coming out of the bush into a little opening and he was giviner strait across it, trailing some fresh tracks that I would assume were some hot doe tracks. Bugger didnt even see me. He was close and coming at me, and I was in a bad position because I was standing in the opening and the wind was bad, so I decided I'd better shoot quick. First shot was on a forward quarter at 45 yards. He mule kicked at the shot and started running at me. at around 20-25 yards he turned and I gave him another one just as he was about to get back into the junk. He hit the ground so hard he slid into the bush and I lost sight of him in the trees. I waited, listening for him to get up and when I didnt hear anything I went looking and there he was. I gutted him and went back for the ol'lady to take a picture and help with the drag. He's not real big but he's my first 4 point and by far the biggest buck I've shot myself, so I'm happy, plus I was lucky to get a chance to hunt at all so I would have taken the first buck I saw anyway.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF2094.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF2093.JPG

Mr. Dean
11-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Don't be so humble, he's a VERY respectable Deer.

Good for you!

BTW; I really like the way you got the "ole Lady" to drag him out. Now that takes BALLS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steeleco
11-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Sweet!! So when does the GF get a rifle of her own!!!! Nice buck.

valleycowboy
11-16-2006, 05:32 AM
nice buck!!!! i agree with mr.dean,don't be so humble.some guys go a life time without even seeing decent bucks like that.congrats.

Ronforca
11-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Congrats.Looks like a pretty nice Buck to me.

Bigbuckadams
11-16-2006, 06:43 AM
I don't think too many guys would be depressed over pulling the trigger on that one! Nice buck, Congrats :lol: .

J_T
11-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Nice buck, a keeper in my hunt for sure.

So, how did your girlfriend react to you resorting to your primal tendencies?

Congrats.

JT

Caveman
11-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Great Looking Buck Gus, I don't know many guys that would turn that one down. Especially being your biggest, now you can start being choosy. You'll always hope for one bigger than from now on.

Byson
11-16-2006, 08:25 AM
that is a nice buck i would of dropped it for sure

Gus
11-16-2006, 10:06 AM
So, how did your girlfriend react to you resorting to your primal tendencies?

JT

haha, she loved it......look it the smile on her face!! :p ( and thats while she's dragging too!!!)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSCF2096.JPG

Thanks for your replies guys, i just wanted to say that i hope I didnt come off as being " disapointed" with this deer. He exceded my expectations for this season but a LONG shot. I'm pretty proud of him.

MB_Boy
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Gus.......great deer and good story.

The pics are great and that deer is nothing to be disappointed with. Hell........my first buck period was a little spike whitey and my favourite memory.....not to mention 3 days later I got a 5x5, but that spike was fun as I was all on my own and did the whole deal myself.

Great pic of your girlfriend.....gotta love the smile.

Congrats again!

308BAR
11-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Congrats on the buck!! and you are the man! How'd you get your GF to drag the deer back to the truck? ;) J/K.

I could only dream.

mtnmax
11-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Good on ya!!
I would have dropped it for sure.

Elkhound
11-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Great buck......good job.

And a quote from MB_Boy The pics are great and that deer is nothing to be disappointed with. Hell........my first buck period was a little spike whitey and my favourite memory.....not to mention 3 days later I got a 5x5, but that spike was fun as I was all on my own and did the whole deal myself.

And he hasn't hunted since. He is here to live his hunting dreams through everybody here.:lol: We really need to get him out with a rifle soon.

meat hunter
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Beauty buck for sure.

Phil
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Thats a great story. Well done! Being your first four point will you have it mounted?

Gus
11-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Thats a great story. Well done! Being your first four point will you have it mounted?

Naw, I'll get the horns done up to hang out at the cabin, but I'll wait to mount something at least a little wider, if not all around bigger.

todbartell
11-16-2006, 10:49 PM
good job man, congrats 8-)