PDA

View Full Version : Stolen

stixnstones
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
last sat my truck was broken into in coquitlam. stole my pse x-force axe6 60lb, swarovski binoculars 10x42el,sony handy camera 550, olympus 770sw digital camera, sage 3113lb custom built rod with islander sea run reel,wallet, clothes n more. i know shouldnt have it all in there but i like to keep all my options open after i get off work.lol any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks the worst part is video n pics of my kids.

steel_ram
08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Your insurance adjuster may or may not be "LOL". Good luck. Hope you kept your receipts.

BlacktailStalker
08-04-2012, 05:48 PM
That really sucks.
Hope you find the stuff that matters.

REMINGTON JIM
08-04-2012, 06:03 PM
F***K#$ Theives ! :mad: When is this gonna stop ? :?: A man should be able to leave the keys in it running and NO one touch a thing ! - The justice system really needs to get MUCH TUFFER on crime to prevent this sort of ripoff ! :mad: I feel real bad for you - thats a lot of stuff even if you have insurance ( i hope you have it ) its a big hassle that shouldn't be ! :-( Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! jmho RJ

Jelvis
08-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I would be sick to my stomach if that happened to me or mine. I couldn't bear it without flippin out for weeks on end.

SHAKER
08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
That'll learn you have'n nice things.... seriously I can't stand F#@*'n thieves, can't even do anything about them without going to jail yourself. Good luck with insurance unless you have receipts and can "proof" ownership. Grrrr. now I'm really pissed off.... good night!

Laurence_Erickson
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
stix n stones I feel for you two yrs ago a week after my dad passed I lost a gun packs glasses spotting scopes range finder fox pro all outta my pickup in a very quite little part of the country .It hurts big time and the adjuster was a dick to start with but it finally payed off

Jelvis
08-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Why do people have to sneak around stealing valuable stuff off an honest person? This is absolute garbage.
Thieves, moths and rust they all corrupt our already imperfect system we have here on this pile of dirt.

SHAKER
08-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Why do people have to sneak around stealing valuable stuff off an honest person? This is absolute garbage.
Thieves, moths and rust they all corrupt our already imperfect system we have here on this pile of dirt.

Primers, powder and bullets protect mine though.......

smoothbor
08-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Stix, that sucks man, I went through pretty much the same thing as you, binos, laptops, gps, camera etc........ PM me and I will tell you about the hell I went through with the insurance company and the process they use to figure how much your stuff is worth to THEM......pricks

silvicon
08-05-2012, 01:12 PM
The leftwing justice system sees the perps as traditional disadvantaged, victimes themselfs of this-and-that,
that society own them a living, an applology for their sorry state,
that the real guilty person is the one that owns a vechicle and items such as mentioned above.

Iron Glove
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
The leftwing justice system sees the perps as traditional disadvantaged, victimes themselfs of this-and-that,
that the real guilty person is the one that owns a vechicle and items such as mentioned above.

And the right wing will always see that anyone who is disadvantaged always remains that way. Crime and criminals know no political boundaries - left, right and central. But then, the right wing will, of course, make criminals of those heinous ones who grow the odd pot plant. Yup, left and right, take your pick. :rolleyes:

smoothbor
08-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Its a real shame these companies operate the way they do sometimes, even when you have the reciepts they check to see how old your stuff was and then they depreciate it over a few years to where in there eyes it is worth nothing and give you a check for less than a third of what your stuff is worth and NEVER ever tell them yoiu used some of it for work because you get nothing for that.... pricks.

steel_ram
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Its a real shame these companies operate the way they do sometimes, even when you have the reciepts they check to see how old your stuff was and then they depreciate it over a few years to where in there eyes it is worth nothing and give you a check for less than a third of what your stuff is worth and NEVER ever tell them yoiu used some of it for work because you get nothing for that.... pricks.

Unfortunately the insurance companies need proof that you even owned what you claim is missing. That kind of fraud, ie. padded missing lists are as big an expense to insurance companies (therefore everyone elses rates) as the stuff that is actually stolen. **** Please, Please, Please don't take that as an accusation towards the OP. but it is a sad fact, that when one see's a missing list with a variety of high end toys, left in a vehicle, suspictions will rise.

olharley guy
08-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Howdy, Basically all the companies/adjustors I use in the insurance business will tell you to go and purchase new items to replace the ones that were stolen and say the total was $4000.00 - they would take off the deductible and give you a cheque for the rest.

Be nice to the adjustor - make a complete list of stolen items -total value-and everything should be fine - that's if you have insurance.

Sometimes you have to call them in a week or so to find out what is happening as they are usually awful busy. Later

REMINGTON JIM
08-05-2012, 04:25 PM

SILVICON - thats one of the BEST posts you have ever had ! Right on ! - the poor perps as seen from the bleeding hearts - F**K them ! and this sorry justice system we have ! :mad: RJ

REMINGTON JIM
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Howdy, Basically all the companies/adjustors I use in the insurance business will tell you to go and purchase new items to replace the ones that were stolen and say the total was $4000.00 - they would take off the deductible and give you a cheque for the rest.

Be nice to the adjustor - make a complete list of stolen items -total value-and everything should be fine - that's if you have insurance.

Sometimes you have to call them in a week or so to find out what is happening as they are usually awful busy. Later

Good Info - Mr Insurance Man - nice to have someone on the real "victims" side ! :smile: RJ

REMINGTON JIM
08-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I cannot stress enough to say how much I Hate THIEVES AND BAD PEOPLE :mad: I GET SO UP SET - my blood is boiling right now - they are all deserving of a blue dumpster home forever or the bottom of the Fraser River ! I have no forgiveness for them at all ! :mad: I wish i had not read this thread ! People will help people if they ask - SO do not STEAL from the good folks that will help you !
Should i have posted this or not ? RJ

stixnstones
08-05-2012, 07:09 PM
its funny u say that cause i work on the fraser.lol

smoothbor
08-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I did not have that option, I was told by my adjuster to gather any receipts that I may have and bring them in, thank god the wife is a reciept nazi and had all of them as some were xmas presents from her and my kids. The binos, range finder, and camera were all bought at the same time and were 2 years old. They looked at the receipts and then checked the prices for the time, depreciated them 2 years and cut me a check for a third of the price of 3 items which didnt even cover the cost of the binos I had to replace. the 2 laptops 2 gps and 3 voice recorders were not considered as I had told them i used them for work, apparently this is not covered by my insurance so i spent a total of 4500 bucks replacing all of it. LESSON dont tell them it was work stuff. It has been 2 years now and i still get enraged over this as i live in a small town, the officer that came to the house was there in minutes as 4 other vehicles in the neighborhood had been hit as well. the vehicle was locked and in the yard, they slim jim'd it and were gone. LESSON 2: I never leave anything in my truck any more, my fault. You have to work along time to make enough money to buy good quality stuff and some low life just takes it from you just like that. I hate theives, if they only knew how hard people work for this stuff, but they dont need to work when they can just take yours...Im so pissed right now and my wife is just sitting here laughing at me while i rant.......Just my 2 cents....sorry

Iron Glove
08-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Exactly !!
If your Insurance Company is depreciating your lost items it usually means that you are not keen on replacing them.
Most policies pay replacement cost IF YOU ACTUALLY REPLACE THE ITEM, they depreciate it if you just want cash.
When I hear an insurance "horror story" it's usually because the policy holder either doesn't understand the policy or he's embelishing his claim.

anglo-saxon
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM
LESSON dont tell them it was work stuff.

I feel for you, but I'm not buying that. My integrity is worth way more than a couple of grand. We reap what we sew, including higher insurance premiums for everyone through dishonest claims. I think your lesson 2 was actually your lesson 1.

scoutlt1
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Do "yourself" a favour....and I mean this in general.
Before signing up for any insurance policy, of any kind, spend as much time as you need to understand every single part of it. Highlite the areas/sections you don't understand and have the agent explain them to you. If you aren't satisfied with the answers then find another agent.
Don't just wonder how much it's going to cost you, but know exactly what is covered, under what circumstances, everything.
Then, hopefully, catch the f***ers and bury them far away...."figuratively speaking of course" :mad:

Feel bad for you stix....had it happen to me before and it's a hell of a bad feeling!

smoothbor
08-05-2012, 08:51 PM
i understand what you are saying anglo-saxon, and i would understand if it was tolls or materials that the company you were working for had purchased and supplied you with, but these were things i used for personal use and recreation not stuff they had purchased me, yes they aided in my job but were owned by me. I learned my lesson and am just upset that i wasn't given the opportunity to replace my items and have the deductible subtracted as so many have in the past. And YES my premiums went up as well but that is to be expected.

stixnstones
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
i just want what i lost replaced and thats all.not a dime or penny morer.

sawmill
08-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Oddly enough but no one has stated the obvious......DON`T LEAVE YER SHIT IN THE TRUCK!
There has been a thousand stories of broke into trucks on this site,you are a thousand and one.Sorry for your loss but for f#ck sakes guys it only takes 2 minutes to pack your gear into the house.
Short rant over.

REMINGTON JIM
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Oddly enough but no one has stated the obvious......DON`T LEAVE YER SHIT IN THE TRUCK!
There has been a thousand stories of broke into trucks on this site,you are a thousand and one.Sorry for your loss but for f#ck sakes guys it only takes 2 minutes to pack your gear into the house.
Short rant over.

Very GOOD point ! I have being LAZY too and left stuff in my truck - never had anything stolen BUT it can ahappen as pointed out- - PUT your gear AWAY and you will always have it then ! :smile: RJ

bccanadian
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I used to leave things like my gps in my truck then the owners of a house across the street moved and started getting in renters. That was the beginning. Over the next few years the house had visits by the police on a pretty frequent basis (compared to the rest of the street).
One set of renters had frequent drunken arguments/fights that sometimes resulted in handcuffs. Another set of renters had a chop shop working out of the garage. The idiot thought that by standing behind a 4X4 pole in dark clothing in front of a bright white house would make him invisible while he was on "look out duty" at night. When the police raided the place, the found that there were "unusual" vents installed in the house. No grow op but according to the police, there probably was one in the past.
The next renters were a couple with a small boy. She moved out with the boy, 30 min. After he was taken away in cuffs.
With this kind of trash renting across the street, we made sure both cars and my truck have imobilizers and alarms.
Minus the "trash" house, it's a good family neighbourhood.

Oh, we also installed a monitored alarm system that has audio so that if the alarm trips, a monitor tech can hear and challenge anyone in the house.

20 years ago we wouldn't even think about having to take any of these kinds of precautions, but the courts let these low life's out on their promise to be good boys while they await their trial. Then they go out and break into another truck or house and just laugh when or if they get caught because they know they will be back out on the street within a day to carry on and do it all over again.

We had a truck stolen about 15 years ago. ICBC thought we were trying to pull a fast one. That is until it showed up in another municipality with the ignition punched.

Anyway end of my rant