PDA

View Full Version : 7-23 Zone B Moose Hunt(Anzac River)

jessieboy1
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I have a Cow Moose and a Grizzly draw for Oct.1in 7-23 Zone B ;the first one in ten years and was looking for advice on the area as I have never been there before.I was going to drive in on the Chuchinka/Red Rocky fsr.Is there a decent Grouse population?

Boner
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I was just up at Anzac today, went fishing. Decent free camping at Tacheeda Lakes. Pit toilets, about 15 km off of Hwy 97. I seen a few logging loads being pulled out of there earlier this summer, not sure where east of the Parsnip they were logging though.

Tuffcity
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Had that draw about 4 or 5 years ago. Horrified at the number of people up there at the same time. Spend 8 days up there and dropped a small moose on the last day. Do yourself a favour and print off google earth photos and look for small ponds and cuts well off the road... unless you like to socialize a lot with other hunters.

RC

(hopefully the rodeo has quietened down a bit since I hunted up there!)

Brett
08-03-2012, 06:11 PM
go into the thick stuff well off the road and call. Just make sure your ready to shoot the grizzz that might come after you :) either way you'll shoot a moose or ...

lightmag
08-06-2012, 03:25 PM
hunted a fair bit 2 years ago, limited huntersm very thick and grown up!!! but i heard they are/will be logging that side of the river soon??? find lakes/water on google earth, follow old gron over willow whipped roads into them and call, lots of moose and big, good grizz pop too but again, due to heavy timber 2 years ago very hard to hunt, jet boaters on parsnip due well for moose as well, check with moosin as he is a pro on that area as well search threads for that area, lots of post on it from many poeple including moosin

jessieboy1
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Can I use a Call for Cows?I was thinking something like a Fawn Call for Deer but a Calf distress call.I would assume this would bring the Griz to.