PDA

View Full Version : Goat River and Kamma Creek FSR

pg83
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm looking for any info on this area as I might head there during the fall. The focus will be on elk, but will have tags in pocket for everything that is legally hunted there. My group is headed for the East Koots and is looking to not be around everyone and their dogs. I don't mind running into others, but just not all day long :)

Have you been there recently?
How are the road conditions?
Past success in the area?
How busy is it since it was re-opened for hunting?
Lots of stuff open there, but what should I realistically be expecting to find?

Got any other suggestions for us, work is slow for the next week so I still have time for last month research on new areas!

PM's preferred over thread responses, but I'll take whatever I can get. Done all the research I can on the general area short of local knowledge.

Thanks,

Peter

big game chaser
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I was in the goat a couple days ago they were setting up a big guide outfit up in the backend they had about 20 head of horses just setting up wall tents and so on! may not be the same goat river!

pg83
08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
You're probably talking the Goat river by McBride (assumption since you're from PG). I'm referring to the one near Creston. Thank you for the info regardless and thanks to the guys who have PM'd me so far!