PDA

View Full Version : Not a big one, but what a rush!!!

Bigbuckadams
11-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Got up this morning just before 3 a.m., with visions of Whitetails bouncin' through my noggin. The way the wind was blowing, I was actually thinking of staying home for the morning and doing stuff around the house, maybe go out for an afternoon venture.Well, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I played around on the stupid computer 'til about 5 and then headed out. Jumped a couple does just at daybreak, then I ran into a few Mulies. I also caught a glimpse of a Whitetail buck sneaking away, but never caught up to him. I was getting closer to where I wanted to be, saw a few more does, but no more bucks. About 8 a.m. is when things started to heat up. I saw a little spike, looked like he had little Devil Horns :twisted: , he was looking back at something. Sure enough, about 150 yards behind him was another Whitetail.. Couldn't make out at first what it was, but then saw it was a pretty good buck. Gave chase for a few minutes and ran into a doe sitting on a knoll. The buck had gone quite aways downhill into some very thick stuff, so I went back to the truck and decided to try to bump him back up to the area where the doe was. En route, I ran into a really nice 3-point ( above brow ). He just sat there and looked at me, with that goofy look that said, " My girl's on the other side of the road, kill me, or let me pass ". I let him go be with his girlfriend. So, after awhile, I parked the truck again and hiked in to where the doe was earlier. The doe was now up the hill a bit, but almost exactly where she was standing was a very impressive looking buck. Spread out just past his ears, nice tall tines. He turned his head, damn, only a 3-point again. Was cool to watch, but then he started acting wierd. He was walking down the knoll, but sideways. I was just thinking what the heck is going on, when I see another buck come out from behind some trees. They just went at it, no little spar, but a full out fight. Wow, here I am, about 80 yards away from 2 mature Whitey's just goin' to town on each other :lol: . Fight lasted about a minute, but I couldn't believe the display of power these two put on. The ground was chewed up in about a 10-15 foot circle and the big 3-point got chased off by the other buck. I have seen bucks spar before, but I have never seen a full blown battle ( other than on video ). With all of this excitement, I never did get a look at the other bucks rack, but figured he'd be back soon enough so I stayed put. A few more minutes went by and I started to hear grunting. He was nose to the ground and all I did was count to 4-points ( above brow ) and pulled the trigger. He won the battle, but it was his last. He isn't that big, but I'm sure he will taste just fine :lol: . The 3-point he was with was bigger, but he will grow up to be a big'un next year. Saw 2 more bucks on the way out, one more 3-point, and a 4-point that made me wish I had another tag :mad: . Still haven't had time to figure out how to post pics, but I have them to send if somebody can post them for me.

DropTines
11-15-2006, 09:55 PM
hey good ol buddy, how bout directions? haha just kidding, good job, was probably very entertaining
________
STOCK PICKS (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

BuckFever
11-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Congrats..Where did you go(region)?

Bigbuckadams
11-15-2006, 10:20 PM
8-22 Oyama-Dee-Beaver Lake Area

TravisC
11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the hunt sounds like you got a nice little spot.
We need pics. Can someone help this guy out for our sakes? :smile:
im not sure how to post these pics unless there in a small attachment form.

Steeleco
11-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Send them to steeleco@telus.net I'll post them up in the morning when I get home from work. The rest of you will just have to sleep on it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gus
11-16-2006, 01:52 AM
sounds like quite the hunt, congrats on your deer.

Mr. Dean
11-16-2006, 02:05 AM
I like a story that paints the picture.

You did it!

But I will be looking back here in the morning for them pic's 8)

Ronforca
11-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Good for you.Sounds like you had a pretty exciting and successful morning hunt.

bighornbob
11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Good job on the story and cant wait to see the pics.

Just wondering what you mean by you wish you had another tag. You are only allowed to take one whitetail.

Once again cant wait to see the pics.

BHB

mtnmax
11-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Good story,,,,,lets see them pics

Phil
11-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Great story, congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Elkhound
11-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Great story, congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

+1...........:lol:

Bigbuckadams
11-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Sent them to Steeleco this a.m., one's a tad blurry, still trying to figure out the new camera. BBA

Steeleco
11-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Ok Ladies and Gents, a guy needs to sleep a little each day:wink:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/BBA.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/bba2.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/bba1.JPG

Well done BTW!!!

Elkhound
11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
A nice buck and a good shot to by the way.

Bigbuckadams
11-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Steeleco & thanks for the comments all :lol: .

DropTines
11-16-2006, 06:01 PM
looks like aperfect placed shot, good job
________
Rg500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_RG500)