PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Back to Tunkwa...

johnk
08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
The holidays have been approved and I'm heading back to the old stomping grounds around Tunkwa. I'll be staying at the resort for a week at the end of September. I miss hiking around the old hunting grounds and, although, I can't hunt, I will be taking some old friends to look for a big pre-rut muley.

I know there are lots of hunters who have sworn off the area because of how busy it can get and I get that but if you take the time to learn the area you can find primo muley spots that no one hunts. I went back for my 50th two years ago and was driving the access dirt track road into my favourite spot but there were blowdowns across the road from a wicked storm that had passed through 3 weeks previous! Before I left I hunted the spot for 6 years without seeing a soul so hopefully "muley heaven" is still untouched.

Any of my friends from the forum who are going to be up that way stop in at the resort for a visit.

Hopefully the fishing will be hot at the end of September as well! lol

Duckman
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Happy Homecoming John! Hope the trout cooperate for you.

Grousedaddy
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Im staying first weekend of any buck never hunted the area before would like a chance at a wt

fearnodeer
08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Good luck to all of you going up, never been there myself but read enough posts so can't be all that bad.

BigfishCanada
08-03-2012, 10:03 AM
The bite is on right now with the bombers hatching, I agree, tunkwas key to success is to get off the roads. Lots of whitetails and a great chance for an immature moose.