PDA

View Full Version : Finally something worth while on my Trail Cam.

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Usually i only pick up small bucks on my cameras until today and now the next 4 weeks wont come fast enough. My heart skipped quite a few beats when i seen this pic.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/bassplayer1972/pict0017.jpg

Gary

hunter1993ap
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
beuty buck! thats a big 3 point!,, with brows. good luck when the season gets here!

GreatWhitePopogeebo
08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello try and get em during bow season nice find meantime maybe drop off afew apples

rattling_junkie
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
That is a great 4x4. Good luck trying and putting a tag on him.

Bigbullsh$tter
08-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Could be a once in a lifetime buck right there....what do ya guys think.....140-150ish??

Ron.C
08-01-2012, 02:32 PM
what a beauty!

rides bike to work
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
how do you like the moultrie cam ive been using mine for over a year and only get back legs and leaves due to the delay after the motion sensor triggers .
I also set up a salt lick with the cam 20 ft away the lick got well used with the dirt kicked up all around it but not a single pic so i moved the cam 10 ft from the lick we will see if that works better.

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 03:57 PM
how do you like the moultrie cam ive been using mine for over a year and only get back legs and leaves due to the delay after the motion sensor triggers .
I also set up a salt lick with the cam 20 ft away the lick got well used with the dirt kicked up all around it but not a single pic so i moved the cam 10 ft from the lick we will see if that works better.
Thanx guys. I love the quality of the pics RBTW but yes, like you i too sometimes only get the ass end of an animal due to trigger speed.

ruger#1
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Set your cam up to do 3 shots per minute, Every time it is triggered. Thats if it has those capabilities. You will get more pics of the animals you are trying to take pics of.

kennyj
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Nice one! He'll get a little bigger yet. I hope you get him.
kenny

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Set your cam up to do 3 shots per minute, Every time it is triggered. Thats if it has those capabilities. You will get more pics of the animals you are trying to take pics of.
I have it set on 2 pics but can make it 3 if i choose to. Just didn't want to get too many pics of the same scrawny doe or a fawn.

ruger#1
08-01-2012, 05:00 PM
You can always delete pictures. I set my camera up so they are walking down the trail , or towards the camera. Sorry Bass. I was giving some info for the other guys that get the animals rear. Your pic looks fine.

lovemywinchester
08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd pop him in a second! Great rack but he looks a little lean. Hope he eats like a pig for the next month! Is he region a region 3 buck bassplayer?

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I'd pop him in a second! Great rack but he looks a little lean. Hope he eats like a pig for the next month! Is he region a region 3 buck bassplayer?
Region 8 LMW.

The Dawg
08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Its not gonna be too hard to find your cam BP....

Just follow the Pink Motorhead shirt :D

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Its not gonna be too hard to find your cam BP....

Just follow the Pink Motorhead shirt :D
I was wondering when you were gonna show up Steve. Shouldn't you be watching Judge Judy?

The Dawg
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I was wondering when you were gonna show up Steve. Shouldn't you be watching Judge Judy?

Why? Is your episode coming up?

Crossdresser in Pink Motorhead shirt stalking through woods :D

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Why? Is your episode coming up?

Crossdresser in Pink Motorhead shirt stalking through woods :D
Nope. That episode was last year lol.

Wrayzer
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Looks like a young deer, nice genetics. You have salts or anything out? Make sure this beauty keeps coming back!

fearnodeer
08-01-2012, 07:17 PM
What a nice buck i hope you get a chance at him.

bassplayer
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanx for the great comments guys. I usually hunt with bow in another area for the early bow season but i think my arm just got twisted just an itty bitty bit more for this area. No Wrayzer. No salts or anything. I almost fell off the chair when i seen this pic. I've been using my cams for years and never had much more than small 4 pointers down to spikers on them.

Elkaholic
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
beuty buck! thats a big 3 point!,, with brows. good luck when the season gets here!

Are you american? lol I sure as sh!t see a 4 pt WT buck. Im just busting your balls because I cant stand when american count like that. Either way that is a huge buck. Hes got what looks like a small kicker point on his one left point. I hope you can connect with him Bassplayer!

bassplayer
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanx Elkaholic. I'm going in there to clear some shooting lanes today for bow season. I usually bow hunt elsewhere but it didn't take much to change my mind about where i want to bow hunt Sept 1st this year haha. This area isn't notorious for lots of big bucks like this guy but they are in there.

Brez
08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Gorgeous deer. Good luck on him!

Rhyla
08-03-2012, 08:50 AM
I bet it did!

Wrayzer
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
This is making it harder to have the patience to give my camera some time out there....

.300WSMImpact!
08-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Looks like a young deer, nice genetics. You have salts or anything out? Make sure this beauty keeps coming back!

I was gonna say a next year deer

.300WSMImpact!
08-03-2012, 01:24 PM
a definate bow buck

bassplayer
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
This is making it harder to have the patience to give my camera some time out there....
Usually i check my cams every 3 weeks but after i got this big boy on there it's going to be harder for me too to leave the cams alone just to see if he came back by next weekend.

lovemywinchester
08-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Usually i check my cams every 3 weeks but after i got this big boy on there it's going to be harder for me too to leave the cams alone just to see if he came back by next weekend.

It's tough to leave the cameras alone I find. Going to check them I get so excited thinking what will be on them. Then the let down. 56 new shots and all does...or thin air. Or the other stupid mistake during the season of rushing through the woods to your cams and spooking a buck on the way that you may have snuck up on if going slowly.

hunter1993ap
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you american? lol I sure as sh!t see a 4 pt WT buck. Im just busting your balls because I cant stand when american count like that. Either way that is a huge buck. Hes got what looks like a small kicker point on his one left point. I hope you can connect with him Bassplayer!

haha no if i was american i would say nice 8 point!! I am a big mule deer fan so i always say the number of points plus brows. still a great deer! bassplayer, you might want to leave the area alone until bow season. i know when i find a big deer i try as hard as i can not to push them. i know how your feeling about waiting three weeks before checking the cams!

bassplayer
08-03-2012, 03:31 PM
haha no if i was american i would say nice 8 point!! I am a big mule deer fan so i always say the number of points plus brows. still a great deer! bassplayer, you might want to leave the area alone until bow season. i know when i find a big deer i try as hard as i can not to push them. i know how your feeling about waiting three weeks before checking the cams!
I agree. Usually 3 weeks doesn't bother me to wait to check the cams until 2 days ago haha.

Wrayzer
08-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Last season I'd check mine about once 5-7 days and restocked salts and still had the same deer/elk pop by even that same day. I found that even leaving my scent around the camera didn't spook them away.

boxhitch
10-16-2012, 08:16 AM
waiting for news on this one ..........

fester
10-16-2012, 08:30 AM
very awesome!!!

Duidery
10-16-2012, 08:44 AM
I have found with my cameras that the animals almost always visit the camera the day I set it up or check pictures. The way they smell the camera, it seems like they are curious about my scent. Twice this year I had two different legal bull elk visit the wallow within 2 hours of me being there to check the camera right around noon.

Last season I'd check mine about once 5-7 days and restocked salts and still had the same deer/elk pop by even that same day. I found that even leaving my scent around the camera didn't spook them away.