PDA

View Full Version : Are you missing a dog?

Darwin
07-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Pulled 1 what looks like a Walker hound out of the swamp in the back yard I would have let him be but the Neghbour was getting pissed since he was causeing a ruckus lol anyways looks like about 6-8 year old vary stout brown colar
We are in 2032 West Shawnigan Lake Rd are number is not local 1 256 686 8980

Cheers

Darwin
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Nobody have any idea? He got out of the shop this mornning, I thought he went home but he has been on the property all day and started scratchin at the door tonight so I am sorta at a loss as to what to do with him? http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1160401.jpg
http://http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/kruel2u/P1160399.jpg

Ozone
08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Have you tried the SPCA?

digger dogger
08-01-2012, 09:43 PM
If a guy has lost his hound for long enough, he'll prob contact spca, animal control, ect..
Maybe call the local radio staition an d ask them to mention the found hound..

Kasomor
08-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Tattoo...microchip...???

If someone finds a stray please take it to a vet to get it scanned for a microchip.

Darwin
08-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I will phone in the mornning around here most use the store thats how I got mine back. He is just running around the property now So if hes still here in the mornning I will put a leash on him.

Darwin
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
No tattoo cant feel a chip. I am a little apprensihive to call the police since I am pretty sure the neighbours phoned a complaint in on him.

Allen50
08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
someone will be missing him soon, should leash him so he does not run off, again,, good luck,,,

John P
08-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Good for you for caring enough to take care of him, for now.

Barracuda
08-02-2012, 06:21 AM
looks to be in to good a condition and a bit tubby someone is gonna be missing a pet. check him out with the microchip sometimes you cant always feel them especially when they are that smooth.

08-02-2012, 08:28 AM
I just emailed a buddy whos dad has hounds and lives in Shawnigan... I'll pm you if it matters

Spokerider
08-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Yup, good on you for taking the interest in finding his home and looking after him.

Maybe place an add "lost hound" on used Vic or Used Cowichan.

Darwin
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
thanks all. Found owners son, dogs home!
And a huge thanks to Paul and the others that helped to track the owner.

08-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Darwin,,,

was it this site that connected you with the owner?

Kasomor
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
thanks all. Found owners son, dogs home!
And a huge thanks to Paul and the others that helped to track the owner.

I LOVE happy endings...sniff....:-)

Good job Darwin!

Darwin
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Darwin,,,

was it this site that connected you with the owner?

No I phoned another member from on here I no and he got to calling around found a possibility and it payed of I tracked the fellas son down. No body had any idea the dog was missing. The owner is away the dog is home so all is well.

Kasomor
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
No I phoned another member from on here I no and he got to calling around found a possibility and it payed of I tracked the fellas son down. No body had any idea the dog was missing. The owner is away the dog is home so all is well.

We could take a lesson from this....this dog was wearing a collar, obviously with out tags.

Everyone who doesn't have a tag on their dogs collar with HOME AND CELL number on it get that done tomorrow....

My tags also say "Needs Medication" on them....for the dog ...not me.... :shock: :-P

Allen50
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
good for you in helping the lost dog,, thanks to you doggie is home,,,:-o

Foxton Gundogs
08-03-2012, 06:40 AM
We could take a lesson from this....this dog was wearing a collar, obviously with out tags.

Everyone who doesn't have a tag on their dogs collar with HOME AND CELL number on it get that done tomorrow....

My tags also say "Needs Medication" on them....for the dog ...not me.... :shock: :-P

Most of the dog suppliy companies have nylon collars reasonably priced with a brass plate for contact info. I usually send one with every pup I sell they have my kennel contact info on them but I can and have reunited a few dogs/owners thru them over the years. I think i got the last ones from Cabelas for under $5 each including engraving.

Darwin
08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Id plates are a good idea since most non hunters or, people that cant tell its a working dog would just call the dog catcher. If all they have to do is make a call It would save alot of hastle for the owner. It was nice to see so many on the site and off pulling together to get him home.

Thanks to all

Barracuda
08-03-2012, 08:18 AM
I agree the even a phone number can be a life saver . we used to simply write our numbers on the collers with a shapie but found it does wear off so we engraved our numbers on the metal buckles , . good to hear the owner got the dog back .

tatoos and or chip are cheap as are freeze brands as at least they leave a trail for some one to follow .

FirePower
08-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Id plates are a good idea since most non hunters or, people that cant tell its a working dog would just call the dog catcher. If all they have to do is make a call It would save alot of hastle for the owner. It was nice to see so many on the site and off pulling together to get him home.

Thanks to all

Times 2. All my dogs wear ID collars.