PDA

View Full Version : 4-20A goat help

kodeman
07-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I am gong there on the long weekend to do some scouting of the area. It is my first time goat hunting but my buddy has gone before. Any tips or suggestions that you can offer would be appreciated. If I see them now will they still be the general area in september. Thanks in advance

Everett
07-31-2012, 05:06 PM
option 1 drive up bootleg mountain to the top cut park hike up through the cut into trees till you cross an old trail follow it west it will evetualy give you access to the top of bootleg

option 2 if you have a quad or a 4x4 who's paint you don't care about follow mathews creek fsr back along the the west fork ford creek pass wrecked trailer take next left follow overgrown road over two old scarey bridges park when road ends hike into alpine behind bootleg mountain.

option 3 follow the FS trail up Alki creek for 10km or so look for goats

option 4 drive up white creek fsr and follow old trail to parachute lake (never been up this one but it looks good)

that should get you started

kodeman
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
That's a great help, thank you

Everett
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
No worries feel free to Pm me if you have specific questions I have never had that draw but I do know some of the area. But those four options should find you some goats

ufishifish2
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Holy crap Everett!!! Your advice for Kodeman is one of the best displays of what makes HBC so great. I opened this thread expecting to see a bunch of sarcastic useless drivel, but instead you had great advice. Good on you man!
Best of luck Kodeman. Just remember to watch for the big glands behind the horns to help you find that billie come hunting season.