PDA

View Full Version : My Mule deer 06

Nooker77
11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Heres my Reg 8 Mule deer 06! Hope the pic works!!:smile:

dave_fras
11-14-2006, 09:32 PM
nice looking deer!.... what was the sub region?

Mini_Me
11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Nice buck! Can't wait to here the story.

browningboy
11-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Was it a rock creek buck? Good job on ya, were you roading it or walking it?8)

3kills
11-14-2006, 09:42 PM
nice buck for sure....lookin for one like that tomorrow my honey hole has to produce somthing soon.....

ianwuzhere
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
great lookin buck-waitin to hear a story too...

Nooker77
11-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Heres another pic...getting this thing figured out...yippeeee!! Oh to big of pic...go to galleries for more pics with my little dude!! This was the 5th 4pt I seen that morning....glad I passed on the others!!:smile: He was only 35 yds away as I walked down an old skid trail....I brought the rifle for the 1st time that week too....man...would have been a beauty with the bow!! Oh well..meat in the pot!!!:lol:

Mr. Dean
11-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Ummmmmm.........We NEED a story here.

Start punchin'

beeker
11-15-2006, 01:09 AM
That's a great lookin buck man! Do we get a story?

Bigbuckadams
11-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Nice buck Nooker, Congrats! .......Story? ...lol

Nooker77
11-15-2006, 04:50 PM
:) Not much of a story teller but here goes!! Like I said I have been taking my bow out to my "honey Hole" but the wife was getting uptight...we needed our smokey meat!! lol So I took the old rifle out for the morning...I quad into a an old logged off area...about 15 years ago...nice 12 foot fir/pines! I always walk around the edges for first light ( have a stand there as well) jumped a few does and a small 4pter!! I have a nice little old skid trail that runs along the side of this mountain through the nice mature fir hillside!! I have takin a buck off of this trail every year for the past 4yrs!! I just still hunt and walk the tops of the draws! I had seen over 20does so far and like I said a few smaller 4pters!! Around 9:30 I passed on a 150 5X3..just a young buck...(didnt tell wife) I walked About 500 further down the trail and seen 3 does walking above me and feeding..I just krept along till they where about 60yds away! The one doe kept looking over her shoulder but I couldnt see anything! So I sat and waited.....out from the thicker cover walks my buck....like I said he never new I was there and he was about 35 yds away!! I put one in the boiler room and he walked away...was wondering how I could have missed:mad: He popped up about 65yds away and I plugged him again...he turned and ran down the hill:evil: I lost sight of him and started to panic...wondering if my scope was out or what!!!! I went up to where I thought I hit him the first time and found a good amount of blood spray!! Followed the blood to where I thought I hit him a 2nd time and then down over the draw!! He went about 50yds and died in the friggin blow down!! I have some pics from the brother in laws digital..I'll get them on later!! I tried to drag him up the hill to the skidtrail but he was just to heavy!! Went home and picked up brother in law..on my way out on the quad I seen another OK 4pt....that was the 5th legal buck I had seen before 11am!! The rest was just sweat and smiles!!And hopefully some goood eating....he neck was huge and he was pretty stinky!!! It was a great day and a lot of fun seeing so many deer..like I said it was a slow start to the season for me!!! But it couldnt have ended any better!!
Cheers
Look out region3 :smile: