PDA

View Full Version : Spring grizz hunt Bella Coola

pupper
07-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Finally I edited my footage from my spring grizz hunt in Bella Coola from 2010,
Here is part 1:

http://youtu.be/NXigTE_CBVc
(http://youtu.be/NXigTE_CBVc)

http://youtu.be/kTfR2FTTAf8 (http://youtu.be/NXigTE_CBVc)

REMINGTON JIM
07-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Finally I edited my footage from my spring grizz hunt in Bella Coola from 2010, Here is part 1:

http://youtu.be/NXigTE_CBVc

Hurray up with part 2 please ! Cheers :smile: RJ

.330 Dakota
07-27-2012, 10:48 AM
dooooooooooooooode wheres the rest,ahhhhhh

Philcott
07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Very nice footage. I find the whispering a bit too soft in volume compared to the music though. Not meant as a criticism just an observation. looking forward to part two.

375 ultramag
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Come ON.....where the hell is part 2.......

BiG Boar
07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Well I've seen the result, and it's good.

pupper
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Part 2 is now uploaded:

http://youtu.be/kTfR2FTTAf8

saddlemaker
07-31-2012, 06:41 AM
very nice congratulations on a great bear

Ruger4
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
awesome bear !!!

375 ultramag
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats......Great bear!!!

kennyj
08-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome bear and great videos.
kenny

Rattler
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, what a king of a bear. Congrats!

coach
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Great videos. Outstanding bear! Thanks for sharing.

pupper
08-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I need your help though. The anti's are starting to give me a hard time on the comments and they are giving it thumbs down. If you like the video would you mind giving it a thumbs up and giving some smart comment back to the antis who are watching grizzly hunting videos for whatever reason? Thanks a lot!

Banjo
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
great stuff. I'm hoping to film a hunt this year myself. Is this shot with a basic camera?

pupper
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
This hunt was just filmed with a basic JVC Everio Hard drive disc camera with 35x optical zoom. Not HD. But I got a better camera now (HD) Canon Powershot.

madrona sh
08-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Caliber?
Bullet?
Rifle make?

magicarrowman
08-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Cool video Justin!! Hope my hunt there in September is as successful. Congrats on an awesome grizz.

srupp
08-06-2012, 08:07 AM
GREAT video Jason..well done...hmmm now what are your thoughts on premium bullets and adequete firearm?? You did extremely well..enjoyed watching it..

was funny when you are talking and the first glimps of the guy brushing of debris off the bear in the background and the bear laying flat out dead is between his waist and chest..lol

last couple years sure a lot of bears shot in the valley lots of geopgraphical changes and confusing the bears changing their complete lifes..after 30 plus years sure a lot of channges....gonna take some new thinking to get a bear now..

cheers

Steven Rupp

cavebear
08-06-2012, 08:50 AM
great vid congrats on a great hunt

pupper
08-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Caliber?
Bullet?
Rifle make?

Sorry for not adding that in the video description, it's taken care of now. The rifle used was a Weatherby Vanguard in .300 Winchester Magnum topped with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10x50mm scope. The bullets used were 200 grain Barnes TSX hand loads.

pupper
08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
GREAT video Jason..well done...hmmm now what are your thoughts on premium bullets and adequete firearm?? You did extremely well..enjoyed watching it..

was funny when you are talking and the first glimps of the guy brushing of debris off the bear in the background and the bear laying flat out dead is between his waist and chest..lol

last couple years sure a lot of bears shot in the valley lots of geopgraphical changes and confusing the bears changing their complete lifes..after 30 plus years sure a lot of channges....gonna take some new thinking to get a bear now..

cheers

Steven Rupp

Yah no no doubt Srupp. If hunting GBears be sure to take nothing less than a .300 wm with 200 grainers. I am sure there will be guys who say you could nail one with a .223 and all but I would not risk it. :)

Whats causing the changes? weather? logging? invasion of habitat? food sources?

srupp
08-07-2012, 11:36 PM
hmmm the past 3 years have produced high water levels that have scoured the entire stream, changed the paths and removed trees and cover close along the original stream/rivers..lots of the area is denuded of any folliage..the salmon returns are suspect and down significantly...so thats food and cover significantly impacted..

Add to this the amount of bears that wandered around confused when their regular routes and trails are gone..areas that once held concealment are now bare assed bald and 500 pound bears stand out...

also these bears regular fall diets were impacted so they turned to whatever food was available...apples in residental areas, dog food,,,, hell even dogs..ancedotal tellings have huge amounts of bears being shot and shovel and shut up...lots of c/o complains about bear problems...they are solved by removal...

still bears there however numbers down..and locations have changed also....

congradulations again..well deserved bear..

cheers
Steven

BiG Boar
08-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Great bear! Did you get it home yet? Lets see some pictures of the beast!

srupp
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
great question Dave..I would love to see the finished product...

srr

pupper
08-09-2012, 08:56 PM
great question Dave..I would love to see the finished product...

srr

It is complete but it is still at Ray Wiens' place. He is going to get some professional photos of it soon, then I will take it home and make a part 3 video that has the field care, scoring, and final product!

pupper
08-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I got this email today from an anti out there in Bella Coola:

Hey hero,

"Hunting" bears in the Bella Coola Valley is hardly hunting. These animals frequent my backyard, big grizzlies and all. Easy pickings. I heard about your heroic video of you taking out one of our beautiful big boars; I hear this is not the first bear you've taken from us, either.
Let me ask : What do you mean by harvest? What happens to that humongous resource you've stolen from our ecosystem?
My biggest concern is actually our sustainable economics. As this is one of the last places on Earth that is relatively still intact, one of the last places you can come and view these great creatures, more and more people from around the world are wanting to come and see what we have. Bear viewing is taking off, the First Nations here are becoming involved in the tourism and we, the community, are keeping our eyes open for people like you. We're everywhere. We'll document and show the world just what is being destroyed. I would invite you to continue talking with me or others from the Bella Coola Valley about being bear aware, about the misconception created by our provincial government on the population of bears and about our future here in a remote valley with amazing natural resources that we depend on. The only tools we have to survive here are being taken from us. The trees are gone, the rivers and streams are damaged and fish populations are extremely low (this valley used to thrive on the Oolichan which was wiped out by shrimp trolling in the open ocean), our wildlife is being poached in our backyards, our crops and livestock are becoming harder to manage due to the climate change, etc, etc... Sensitive ecosystem. We're a part of it; the bears are a part of it. We depend on them. Do a little research. Times are changing as we're depleting our resources way too quickly.

Thanks for your time and concern,

Corissa Lee
corilee4@gmail.com

Ike
08-10-2012, 09:16 AM
She forgot to call them a 'Keystone Species' (rolleyes).................

GrandA
08-10-2012, 10:21 AM
i think i saw your bear at ray's its a f*ckn monster. congrats

Ike
08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
i think i saw your bear at ray's its a f*ckn monster. congrats

I got to see it in person up close, it is a f*ckn monster! :)
Can't wait to see pics of the final product.

Cheers

srupp
08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Dont worry about Corissa....be proud of your accomplishment..you did nothing wrong and everything right, met a monster on his terms in his own back yard literally, in a legal lawfull hunt....she is entitled to her oppinnion...

congrads man

Steven

pupper
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Dont worry about Corissa....be proud of your accomplishment..you did nothing wrong and everything right, met a monster on his terms in his own back yard literally, in a legal lawfull hunt....she is entitled to her oppinnion...

congrads man

Steven

Oh I am not worried, lol. I just posted it up because I thought it was funny :) I did not respond to her, I know all she wants is a fight. No one is going to be changing any ones mind over this matter! I am keeping track of some of these conversations here though:
http://www.successfulhunting.com/2012/08/02/with-grizzly-hunting-comes-ignorance/

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
08-15-2012, 05:42 PM
That is a huge Grizzly bear.

tomahawk
08-15-2012, 10:12 PM
wow, nice bear that anyone should be proud of!

91Jason91
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
cool vids great job

notyalc
10-07-2012, 06:56 AM
is that the life size mount at ray weins?

Spy
10-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I got this email today from an anti out there in Bella Coola:

Hey hero,

"Hunting" bears in the Bella Coola Valley is hardly hunting. These animals frequent my backyard, big grizzlies and all. Easy pickings. I heard about your heroic video of you taking out one of our beautiful big boars; I hear this is not the first bear you've taken from us, either.
Let me ask : What do you mean by harvest? What happens to that humongous resource you've stolen from our ecosystem?
My biggest concern is actually our sustainable economics. As this is one of the last places on Earth that is relatively still intact, one of the last places you can come and view these great creatures, more and more people from around the world are wanting to come and see what we have. Bear viewing is taking off, the First Nations here are becoming involved in the tourism and we, the community, are keeping our eyes open for people like you. We're everywhere. We'll document and show the world just what is being destroyed. I would invite you to continue talking with me or others from the Bella Coola Valley about being bear aware, about the misconception created by our provincial government on the population of bears and about our future here in a remote valley with amazing natural resources that we depend on. The only tools we have to survive here are being taken from us. The trees are gone, the rivers and streams are damaged and fish populations are extremely low (this valley used to thrive on the Oolichan which was wiped out by shrimp trolling in the open ocean), our wildlife is being poached in our backyards, our crops and livestock are becoming harder to manage due to the climate change, etc, etc... Sensitive ecosystem. We're a part of it; the bears are a part of it. We depend on them. Do a little research. Times are changing as we're depleting our resources way too quickly.

Thanks for your time and concern,

Corissa Lee
corilee4@gmail.com
The way I see it,you are managing a problem for them ! Congrats on a good/great bear !