PDA

View Full Version : Good trip! 3 bucks down!

willyqbc
11-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Well I was invited along by Tank, his Dad and Wile Coyote to join them on a 3 day deer hunt to one of their deer areas and i was more than happy to say yes. Since this is their area i will NOT comment on location so don't even ask, thanks.
We started off the first morning rolling into an area that had been scouted earlier and was known to hold lots of deer with several good bucks. Almost immediately we spot two bucks bedded side by side, with the spotter on them Tanks dad determined that he would be quite happy with the one on the left so after waiting patiently for him to stand up he made a beautiful 260 yd shot and dumped him right back into his bed. Five minutes into day one we had this nice buck on the ground. He will go around 135".
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/als_buck_2006.jpg

That evening and the next morning found us back in the same general area but nothing anyone wanted to pull the trigger on showed up. Evening of Day two things got interesting again. A group of deer was spotted and one buck in particular caught our attention. the four of us made our way down a brush line to get into range. When we got to about 300 yards it was decided that Wile Coyote would move forwardto try and get in Wile's comfortable shooting range and that I wouls set up for a shot where I was in case they got busted. I got the video camera set up and rolling and then set up with Tanks homemade bipod and waited. Not long after the deer started to get alert and the buck started to walk off. Not wanting him to get away I made the decision to take the shot, he humped up and trotted off a short ways and bedded down. We moved up and a shot to base of the skull finished him quickly. The shot was 320yds and unfortunately he walks off camera 1 second before I pulled the trigger...DOH!! He will come in right around the 150" mark and I'm very pleased with him!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/chris_buck_2006.jpg

The next morning was eventful but did not result in any shots fired. The evening looked to be a bust as well but just at last light we ran into a group of three bucks. As Tank only had a whitey tag we scrambled to make species ID to ensure we had a legal animal in front of us. Tank got set up and his dad and I did our best to make the ID, we were 99% sure but as you know thats not enough so we waited. The deer suddenly flicked his tail and all 3 of of almost in unison said "HE'S A WHITEY", a split second later the deer started to go and tanks gun went off, we could tell he connected and the deer circled back around and presented him with a head on shot so he shot again and flopped him where he stood. He's not a big whitey but ya can't be too choosy in the last 5 minutes of a trip!!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/james_whitey_2006.jpg

Here's all 3 heads together!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/deer_trip_2006.jpg

Pretty decent haul for a 3 day hunt I'd say! A big thanks to the boys for the invite...I had a great time!!

Chris

Mr. Dean
11-14-2006, 12:53 PM
EXCELLENT guides, I'd say!

Congrats to all and oh yeah......NICE DEER!

Steeleco
11-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Once again you boys in the "Boo" make a grown man cry!!! Great job.

Elkhound
11-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Once again you boys in the "Boo" make a grown man cry!!! Great job.

Thats what I was thinking

partsman
11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
But don't I see some fence in those pic's.:lol:

Just kidding great story and congratulations.

dave_fras
11-14-2006, 02:37 PM
nice work guys.... sounds like u had a blast!!

ianwuzhere
11-14-2006, 02:58 PM
congrats - good story n pix

3kills
11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
way to go guys nics bucks for sure...

WoodOx
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
COngrats sounds like a fun trip

Yeah, doesnt get too much more productive than that!~

BlacktailStalker
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice work guys, good lookin' bucks and all in 3 days!

cowboy-up69
11-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Good job guys! Nice bucks for sure.

bsa30-06
11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Nice job guys.... good haul.

Will
11-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Congrats, Great Trip 8-)

swamper
11-14-2006, 07:10 PM
And of course they had to stop in where to see me at work to show me the haul. Needless to say, all three are hanging in my barn waiting to go under the knife.

Hope I have as much luck this weekend with my company from the island.

Byson
11-14-2006, 07:21 PM
way to go some good eats!

Phil
11-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow! That is really impressive! Congratulations to all!

Bigbuckadams
11-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Well done boys! Sounds like a great trip with an excellent outcome. Congrats!!