PDA

View Full Version : Blood for Bloodtracking.

Bc Deer Hunter
07-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey guys im in need of any big game blood for Bloodtracking ( Deer, Elk, Moose, Sheep ect.) . I just ran out today :-(, and im supposed to be laying out at the minimum a couple tracks a week, so the quicker i can get any blood the better!!!!! Im located in Kelowna and can pick up within 20-30 minutes of Kelowna. This is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced.-
Hogan

Buck
07-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Go to a slaughterhouse thats where i get mine.

Mooseman
08-06-2012, 08:56 AM
You don’t always need blood to lay tracks for training. Have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1CHYJD3LwY
I use no blood at all but yes you can of cause. Perhaps some legs from a road kill deer? Get a permit first! A trapper can help you there.

Cheers,
Michael

dime
08-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Take a roast or package of steaks out of the freezer and use that.

huntingfamily
08-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey guys im in need of any big game blood for Bloodtracking ( Deer, Elk, Moose, Sheep ect.) . I just ran out today :-(, and im supposed to be laying out at the minimum a couple tracks a week, so the quicker i can get any blood the better!!!!! Im located in Kelowna and can pick up within 20-30 minutes of Kelowna. This is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advanced.-
Hogan

I agree with the replies so far. Just go to a butcher shop & get beef blood. It doesn't smell as strong as wild game blood so it will be easier for pup when he gets to track the real thing during hunting season.

Good luck.

VDD Group Canada