PDA

View Full Version : Any Farm Land owners in Dawson Creek here?

Darksith
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Im in Dawson for work, and looking for a farmer that has problem elk or looking for someone that is willing to let me hunt on private land. I am willing to trade some electrical work for the priviledge, or anything else that I could possibly offer. Im not here for a long time, probably gone by the first week of sept...leaving just when its thinking about starting to get good I know...

Surrey Boy
07-21-2012, 08:19 PM
IME that's hard to find.

I've colleagues who are pretty free with their trucks, daughters, work kit, what have you, but asking to go out and shoot coyotes on their section? Don't even think about it, no matter what you offer them.

Darksith
07-21-2012, 09:55 PM
who said anything about coyotes? But thanks for the input, it was very helpful and useful.

KB90
07-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I think you are going to have a tough time getting people on here to share their farmland with you, and elk aren't really a problem at this time of year.

Most of the guys I know here kill their elk in the bush along the rivers, kiskatinaw, murray, pine, pouce. All of them have permission on private land but they choose to hunt elk on crown. If it were me and I only had a week of elk season up here that's where I would hunt. Farmland is hit or miss. I drive 30 minutes though prime farmland 16-18 days of the month twice a day and can count on one hand how many times I've seen elk out in the fields since January.

But if you have your heart set on hunting some private land for elk I would knock on some doors out Highway 29.

Good Luck.

Darksith
07-21-2012, 10:39 PM
thanks for the info, I work 7 days a week so evenings is all I have and Ive never hunted around dawson. I will definately take your advice, it is apprectiated.

Lillypuff
07-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Most farmers can't stand the deer and elk. When I moved up to northern alberta i probaly knocked on 20 doors over the course of 5 years and the only no I got was from the mother in law. Put on some decent clothes and go ask. Bring some fruit with you being from Kamloops that shouldnt be a problem