PDA

View Full Version : 6-10A Moose(including 6-03 and 6-11)

BushPig
07-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't usually do this but as I am new to this area I will. I have been drawn for moose in 6-10A, which also includes 6-03 and 6-11. Some may call this the Kitimat draw. I am asking for any hints or ideas as to places to go. I am not asking for the secret location that nobody knows about, just a couple spots worth checking out. Any help is appreciated.
For those who will no doubt post something like, "another person drawn in an area they no nothing about" as it is LEH time, well yes that is me and I am very new to this area and know nothing about it. Maybe next year you will get the draw. Bushpig

Cordillera
07-20-2012, 09:01 PM
The moose are in a pretty narrow range concentrated on major river floodplains. Skeena mainstream and side drainages. Best access is by boat and hit the cottonwood floodplains. If you don't have a boat Kitamaat valley would be good but be prepared to bushwhack and work hard.

Kitimat Killer
07-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Weedeene park is a good spot quad only in there or the other side of the high way either north Hirsh or kitimat main all good spots to hit there's tuns of moose in there just got to look deep