PDA

View Full Version : Pink MTN Ranch

boneswells
07-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Got a december bison draw and have been trying to get ahold of someone at blueberry first nation (Pink MNT Ranch) to make a reservation....like book a cabin I mean.....Been calling everyday since I recieved the bison package and cant get ahold of anyone and the voicemail is full.:mad:. Anyone else having this problem? Has anyone got through and been able to book a cabin?

hunter34
07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I talked to them a couple weeks ago,and they told me they dont take reservation.Its on first come,first served basis.And they have 9 cabins!!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
that place is joke and no matter who runs it .....there on there own time clock ..... went there had a cabin booked couldn't get a hold of anybody couldn't leave a message so i just into went into horse camp and stayed for free...there is no time for f@cking around on a hunt like this!!

Apolonius
07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Stop supporting natives.They don't care.Get your own outfit and get your bison on your own.If it is cold too bad.You just go tough.Hate blueberries.Parasites.Lots of info here.

ianwuzhere
07-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Stop supporting natives.They don't care.Get your own outfit and get your bison on your own.If it is cold too bad.You just go tough.Hate blueberries.Parasites.Lots of info here.

wow- sounds like someone hates natives:roll:

Im pretty sure many people have good things to say about the blueberry natives. Maybe they are on summer holidays- after all it is summer?? :)

One Shot
07-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Stop supporting natives.They don't care. I findGet your own outfit and get your bison on your own.If it is cold too bad.You just go tough.Hate blueberries.Parasites.Lots of info here.

Seeing that your are from Langley I am not sure if you have first hand experience with the Blueberry people or not. From your comment I am gathering your feelings are from what you are reading online here as such your comments are inappropriate. I have known the Blueberry People in the past and they are no different than any other group, there are some that became friends and some that did not.

Nuff said

AlexB
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM
They are having a big POW WOW on there land this week so i dout anyone will return your call

Try in a week and a bit

Ry151
07-20-2012, 11:02 PM
i talked to them a couple weeks ago, just keep calling and youll get ahold of someone eventually. I called the band office which im sure your calling as well.

cameron0518
07-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Just be patient, blueberry is the way to go.

ufishifish2
07-20-2012, 11:48 PM
This thread seems to be an annual event. I've read this year after year.
I'm not going to bash the group running the ranch, but there are a lot of other options that can be pursued and you will still get your bison.
Best of luck......

browningboy
07-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Those cabins are dumps, problem is the time of the year you have, good luck.

The Dude
07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Wait a minute...... The Blueberry First Nations doesn't take Reservations?

Priceless.

Surrey Boy
07-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Seeing that your are from Langley I am not sure if you have first hand experience with the Blueberry people or not. From your comment I am gathering your feelings are from what you are reading online here as such your comments are inappropriate. I have known the Blueberry People in the past and they are no different than any other group, there are some that became friends and some that did not.

Nuff said

I've been contracted out to Blueberry River Enterprises lately, and trust me, they aren't quality folks.

Woodrow
07-21-2012, 06:48 AM
lets hear about some of these other options for boneswells to get his bison?

browningboy
07-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Wall tent, camper, atv or snowmobile and warm clothes, you will just have to put on some miles, I have seen lots of buffalo outside of that ranch, be a Canuck fan, believe!

GoatGuy
07-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Helgie tomter if he's still renting his cabins out. Worked fine.

Boner
07-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Could stay in the buckinghorse open camp for about a buck eighty a night. Right on the highway, in Buckinghorse. Of course, your fuel costs there are 20 cents more there than anywhere else. If you can get fuel. It's hit and miss.

genockous
07-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Cabins are 250.00 per day,call first nations office and ask to speak to Patrick at the ranch

huntcoop
07-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Could stay in the buckinghorse open camp for about a buck eighty a night. Right on the highway, in Buckinghorse. Of course, your fuel costs there are 20 cents more there than anywhere else. If you can get fuel. It's hit and miss.

Same near Alexis Creek at the "caucasian" pump.

Goliath
07-21-2012, 12:33 PM
This thread seems to be an annual event. I've read this year after year.
I'm not going to bash the group running the ranch, but there are a lot of other options that can be pursued and you will still get your bison.
Best of luck......

Holy crap you're 100% right. Anyone that thinks they have only one option in 7A has...well...never done their homework (scouting or whatever). Of course, if you're just starting the research part of your hunt, I'll let you off the hook.

But if you think for a second that the Halfway valley is the only place to get a bison, you've been mislead. I'm speaking from experience over 2 decades. If you want to blow your cash, go ahead, but you don't need to...and nor do you need the headache of going around the "mysterious" ranch. October through January, the Blueberry aren't the only ones with bison in 7A.

Personnally I'd like to see this invasive pest gone, but I'm not gonna post any freebee's on the "INTERNET" either. Even if it's your first trip, and you only have gumboots for transportation in November, you CAN get a bison within 250 meters of a legal road. I guarantee it.

Surrey Boy
07-21-2012, 12:45 PM
They stopped my truck around km 20 on Milligan road a couple weeks ago. Didn't seem to care about the flashing lights and air horn.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-21-2012, 03:41 PM
They stopped my truck around km 20 on Milligan road a couple weeks ago. Didn't seem to care about the flashing lights and air horn.

ya different species all together, they are the wood bison and allot bigger

Apolonius
07-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Maybe being from Langley makes you think i don't know the area.Maybe kind of harsh words and inappropriate .But isn't in this forum we just had the closure west of williams lake??Oops that is ok.Well tell the people that got draws to have a camera and record everything and send it to rcmp.They will lough better if it is live and has some comments.Make yourselves sound desperate but not inappropriate.Also people the find the roads blocked make sure they gas up on a native gas station,buy some treats for the ride too.Support the local economy.By the way some members maybe know how the blueberries got "possession"of the ranch and the buffalo?Or what happened when they killed 150!!!! buffalo on the first opening?Or what happened to quiet a few cows the last three winters???Do i sound racist or inappropriate???Stuff like this would make even mother Teresa racist.Are there good natives ?Yes.Just waiting to see or hear them.I am not trying to be nice or bad.I just say it the way it is.Politicaly incorrect ??Yes

Ry151
07-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Cabins are 250.00 per day,call first nations office and ask to speak to Patrick at the ranch

Cabins are 75 a night unless they have gone up in the last two weeks.

Swamp mule
07-21-2012, 10:44 PM
That is the other proposed LEH draw that missed the deadline for this years draw. The last I heard is that this bison herd is up near 320 strong not including this years calves.

boneswells
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Well I booked one a tompters cabin for the hunt. We stayed there 2 years ago when my wife got the draw. We got a 6 year old cow the first day. We did pay to go through pink mountain ranch because we found it easier and quicker then the Half way trail around. I was going to try and stay at the blueberries this time because it makes it even closer but I aint taking a chance with first come first serve stuff. As far as I'm concerned if you cant book anything at pink mountain ranch then it should be taken out of the bison package they send you. This hunt is far to valuable to leave things up to chance.

Ry151
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I gues the rates have gone up from what they told me a month ago. Cabins are now 150 per night and 250 per tag holder and 175 per helper. This is crazy but what let can you do if you don't have a wall tent or camp/rv. It's the hunt of a life time and I don't want to miss out because I cheaped out.

Whonnock Boy
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I gues the rates have gone up from what they told me a month ago. Cabins are now 150 per night and 250 per tag holder and 175 per helper. This is crazy but what let can you do if you don't have a wall tent or camp/rv. It's the hunt of a life time and I don't want to miss out because I cheaped out.

What a bunch of crooks! In 07 we "trespassed" for a $150. That was for both me and my partner! Set up the wall tent within sight of the ranch. At that time, the cabins were $75 a night.

The Dude
08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Why does anyone bother with this hunt.....seriously?
Sounds like a super hassle every damn year.
Cold, expensive and controversial.

fearnodeer
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Go fer it did last year and a hassle but in the end i really enjoyed it. PS Tompters place would be were i stayed next.

mudbud
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
My suggestion (and what I will be doing this coming January) is to get a wall tent and go around the ranch. Depending on weather conditions, if the river is frozen it is very easy to go around the ranch from the south (Cypress Road). This is what we did the previous 2 years.

fearnodeer
08-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Its a once in a life chance at a bison so you make the call, make it worth your while is my advise, once your game is down and you walk up to it there is no price. This is just my opoion but it was worth it.

ncurrie
08-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I got through on the third try and was able to book to cabins. Hopefully it all works out:$