PDA

View Full Version : bison hunt

3SHOTS
07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
in november i will do my first hunt im going to go get my junior. so if i could get get some tips that would be great. thanks:-P

The Dawg
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Do you have an LEH for one?

rocksteady
07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I had the same question, by searching his posts, it sounds like his grandfather has a tag and he is going to be going along.

Not 100% sure but I think he has not done his core YET....

BiG Boar
07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Tip #1 for hunting. Look for animals using binoculars if possible over a vast area.

Tip #2 for hunting. If you have a deer tag, look specifically for deer.

Tip #3 for hunting. We you find your quarry, get as close as you can to it, then shoot it in the lungs.

Are these the sort of tips you want?

cameron0518
07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
you are indicating that you are bison hunting and you don't have a leh? i would say you are hunting whatever else is open as your first hunt and your grandpa ( or whomever) is on the bison hunt. dress warm and don't cheap out on gear.

mikek blacktail
07-18-2012, 02:00 PM
you are indicating that you are bison hunting and you don't have a leh? i would say you are hunting whatever else is open as your first hunt and your grandpa ( or whomever) is on the bison hunt. dress warm and don't cheap out on gear.

a junior can hunt on the acompanying adults leh tag,thats how my daughter got a rosie when she was ten..

lorneparker1
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
a junior can hunt on the acompanying adults leh tag,thats how my daughter got a rosie when she was ten..

I hate you

BCRiverBoater
07-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I love my kids and I am sure I will love my grand kids when that happens but there is no way in hell I am letting any of them shoot a buffalo on my tag! I have been entering this draw since it started. There is no way my first tag is going to a junior. haha

Call me selfish but at lest I am honest!

ufishifish2
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM
A young kid excited about hunting??
Seriously? Some of the comments you guys have made have been pretty sarcastic.
Remember when you were young and excited about hunting?
Help the guy out, don't make fun of him.
Seriously!.......... for once! :)
Pick on those of us that are grown adults and can take it.... well, except Jeff.

PM me serious questions and I'd be glad to help you out "3Shots".
By the way, most of us would be prouder to be called "1Shot", but just as many would be lying!

cameron0518
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
start a post worth picking on. lol. i honestly missed the junior part. i'll admit that one. really not that bad of a post
Pick on those of us that are grown adults and can take it.... well, except Jeff.

By the way, most of us would be prouder to be called "1Shot", but just as many would be lying!

kako99
07-19-2012, 08:29 PM

Good on you! I was thinking this as I was reading down the form.

kako99
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Not so much picking on, but shredding him apart. I'm sure his grandfather knows the rules.

3SHOTS
07-21-2012, 11:52 AM
id appreciate the help ufishifish2

ufishifish2
07-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Will send a PM.

The Dude
07-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Do the same rules apply to an LEH tag as apply to a GOS (Junior's kills go on the mentor's licence quota) ?

ufishifish2
07-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I would figure that sounds logical, but what the heck do I know? :)

riflebuilder
07-22-2012, 06:29 AM
The best advise for you is to study all you can find out about the animal you are going to be hunting, know where to place your shot etc. also get in as much practice shooting your rifle so you are ccomfortable with it and know you will hit where you aim. Talk to as many older hunters you can. Get ou into the woos with your dad or grappa and practice training your eye to spot game. The best way to find game is to look for things that do not appear right or lookmfor movement. You will see way more animals doing this than you will looking for a whole der. Good luck on your hunt and keep learning