PDA

View Full Version : j34 vs 2200 vs 2800

Elkaholic
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
As the titles says I have been heavily debating these 3 packs for some time now, and I just am not sure which one would suit my needs best. What I need is a good pack that I can use as a day pack but when I drop an animal I am able to pack quarters or what ever out with it as well. It will be used for over night to 2 night trips at most. I have come to a stand still on these three packs and would like any/all constructive input as to which would be the best overall to have and use as a day pack or 1-2 day pack but still pack that nice bull out with you and not need to bring your pack board.

Thanks

Farmer001
07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I beat this to death, this spring myself. All were decent packs. I settled on the dragonfly for the sole reason of the built in scarab and internal frame for ease of packing.(only if I had to) Now I take my scarab off my quad and just throw my pack/rifle in the front rack with all my gear. The Badlands are good packs and fit well. Try them out and see what works best.

chris26262
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Just got my 2200 last week! Was just out on a 3 day moose scouting trip and it was great. The internal aluminum fram with the multiple adjustment straps for waist and shoulders makes it easily customizable to your back. I didn't have it fully loaded but it felt like the more weight the more comforetable it will be. Love that I can stap my bow or my rifle to it and the h20 bladder system for sure handy. external meat shelf with the blaze orange is a nice touch. One complaint (if that) is its a little high/tall for my liking. But by no means a deal breaker. If you tilt your head up the back of your head touches the pack. Lots or great functional features. I got my off camofire for $194 shipped to my door. Taxes and duty included. Good luck finding it for that cheap here in BC...

allan
07-17-2012, 08:26 AM
I use the 2200, love it. We've deboned deer and packed em out. Works well. Can carry rifle or bow very well. Big enough for an overnighter. Small enough for a day pack. Watch camo fire for good deals. I also use the badlands bino case with my rangefinder case strapped to it. When I drop my pack and creep that last little distance I still have bino, range finder calls and maps with me strapped to my chest for easy access.

keoke
07-17-2012, 08:38 AM
I looked at the dragonfly and the 2800. I ended up with the 2800 and if you have a waist smaller than 35" you will have to modify the wast belt. I kind of wish I bought the dragonfly because it compresses down to a good day pack and easily expands for almost any need you have for it. Only thing I don't like about the dragonfly is that it weighs 8 pounds and the 2800 is something around 4lbs.

Ron.C
07-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I have had a Badlands 2200 since the second year they came out with it. I primarily used it as my daypack and have hauled up to and elk quarter with it. I have a renzo's elk decoy that tucks in theI also used it on a 7 day canoe trip in the Bowron lakes where it did the job but was really too small for that length of time. To echo what someone said above, if you have a small waste, the 2200 may be an issue. When I was a bit "Fluffier" then I am now, it fit good but not it seems to slip off my hips when loaded down heavy and I need to put more support on the shoulder straps then I'd like. But you can't beat the warranty and quality of the Badlands stuff.

Elkaholic
07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks alot for the input guys, really helpful stuff. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the eberlestock as it can compact down when you down need the extra room, but when you do you have it there to use.

kayjayess
07-19-2012, 11:15 AM
For short multi-day trips or a day pack I don't think you will be disappointed with the Eberlestock! I have found the durability to be exceptional. I don't think it is a coincidence that many of the US military trust there life to them. Please they have tons of cool accessories.

Thumbs up from me