PDA

View Full Version : Rememberance Day Okanagan Whities

Stone Sheep Steve
11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Well, my partner and I headed out early yesterday morning and we were able to connect with a set of "bookend" 5pt whities. Not the same calibre of buck that my partner nailed the same day last year but we're both happy with these OK whites. It was a little "redemption" as I missed a 4 pt muley on the last day of the season (from 50 yds)
LOTS of packin' involved.
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/RemeberanceDay5Pts002.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/RemeberanceDay5Pts007.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/RemeberanceDay5Pts010.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/BrentT/RemeberanceDay5Pts017.jpg
Now it's time to hunt out of region until bow season starts around here.

SSS

mainland hunter
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
nice lookin bucks

dave_fras
11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
great lookiong deer!..... i helped my cousin get a whitey yesterday too

WoodOx
11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, nicer than ''OK'' in my books! but congrats, great looking deer.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Well, nicer than ''OK'' in my books! but congrats, great looking deer.
Sorry, I meant OK for Okanagan. Any shortcut in my typing helps:roll: .

SSS

jjensen20
11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
awsome looking deer you say they are region 8???? WOW. I love double headers!!!!!!!!

chola
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey Steve, congrats man,....very nice bucks indeed...

Tarp Man
11-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Was that a Wilderness Wanderer I saw in the pics?

CanAm500
11-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Nice bucks!!!

goathead
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM
nice pair of bucks.got to love nov 11 those are nice

NightOwl74
11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Don't tell people where you got em! I live in Kelowna! We don't need more people here! Both my favourite hunting spots had trucks parked when I got there this morning. Pi**es me off. And to the guy who I saw plug something from the road as I came around the corner. Why lie about it? I heard a bang, came around the corner and this guy is throwing his gun in the truck. I pull up, he says, "any luck?' I go "no", and I ask if he needs help draggin it out. He go's "no, it wasn't what I was looking for". Meanwhile, I heard his shot? I drive away and this guy walks over to the side of the road and scans the cut. I drove back later and there is drag marks and blood in snow. WTF? A friggin poacher I bet.:mad: And people wonder why I am such a loner.

troutseeker
11-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Nice going guys! I did not go hunting, I slept 3 hours after night shift and attended Rememberance Day parade instead.

Troutseeker

mark
11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
thats unreal to me, i never see nice whities, those are beauties! Did you guys call or rattle em, how is this done i need to know???

Stone Sheep Steve
11-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Don't tell people where you got em! I live in Kelowna! We don't need more people here! Both my favourite hunting spots had trucks parked when I got there this morning. Pi**es me off. And to the guy who I saw plug something from the road as I came around the corner. Why lie about it? I heard a bang, came around the corner and this guy is throwing his gun in the truck. I pull up, he says, "any luck?' I go "no", and I ask if he needs help draggin it out. He go's "no, it wasn't what I was looking for". Meanwhile, I heard his shot? I drive away and this guy walks over to the side of the road and scans the cut. I drove back later and there is drag marks and blood in snow. WTF? A friggin poacher I bet.:mad: And people wonder why I am such a loner.

Hey buddy!
Sounds like the night shift is getting to you:smile: . I remember how grumpy I got working graveyards all the time. Tired and grumpy ALL the time:mad: .
Did I say where we shot those whities?? Okanagan is an entire region. I got my caribou in reg 6, my stone in reg7, my rocky in reg3, my cali in reg8, my bears in reg 3 and 8. Oh man, now I ruined the hunting in the entire province except reg 1,2,4 and 5:roll: .

Give us a break...................................

If someone is beating you to your spots you need to get up earlier. We were sitting in the dark at least an hour before shooting light. My partner was at my house by 04:15. No one EVER beats us to our spots.

SSS

NightOwl74
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Trucks were there an hour before light. You sayin this hasn't happened to you before, SSS? Anyways nice bucks and at least it's nice to know there are some still left around here this size. But I have to say, Hunting density around here is out of control. Sorry, I tell it like it is. And the reason for it is because there are people on here that in the excitement of the kill, blab the directions to the spot. I guess they see this puter screen and they don't realize: ALOT OF HUNTERS FROM OTHER AREAS OF THE PROVINCE THAT DON'T HAVE WHITETAIL HUNTING IE; LOWER MAINLAND/VANCOUVER ISLAND, READ THESE FORUMS SPECIFICALLY TO FIND HUNTING SPOTS. Anyways way off topic, should start another thread I guess.:|

NightOwl74
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Mark, I have to admit, your bucks are unreal. To find a nice buck around Kelowna, I try to find a fresh scrape with a few nice fresh rubs in the area. Then I hide and sit and I use my rattle bag for a few minutes, grunting through a tube. You might want to put a scent drip over the scrape. Oh yeah, I do this all after a fresh snowfall, as the buck is likely to return to dig up and refresh the scrape.

NightOwl74
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah Mark and you should try you're trail cam over a scrape!. Damn wish I had one of those.:sad:

Bigbuckadams
11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Congrats on a couple beauties guys! Good job :lol:

Will
11-13-2006, 09:42 AM
A Couple Awesome Whities...Well Done !8)

Stone Sheep Steve
11-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Was that a Wilderness Wanderer I saw in the pics?

Yep. It's usually a little "overkill" to have for hunting deer but I was sure glad I brought it along. I usually put my daypack inside and take it out when we get to our hunting area. It was a good 1/2 hour hike down into our spot.

SSS

GoatGuy
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey buddy!
Sounds like the night shift is getting to you:smile: . I remember how grumpy I got working graveyards all the time. Tired and grumpy ALL the time:mad: .

SSS
So is that what it is?? It seems to be working on me too!!!!!

Congrats on the bucks again; sounds like a hell of a spot!!!!!

NightOwl,

If there are other hunters in your spots find another. Plenty of bush in the OK! :lol: We've never seen another hunter in our WT spots ever!!

Stone Sheep Steve
11-16-2006, 03:38 PM
So is that what it is?? It seems to be working on me too!!!!!

Sorry G/G. I think your grumpiness is a result of a combination of SEVERAL factors.
1) Sure, G/Y's may cause grumpiness.

2) go cut a tag on something. Just pull out that "War and Peace sized" license in your pocket and flip through it and prioritize your "precious" tags. Start at the least important tag to you(that still has a season) and go fill it!! It will make you feel a lot better:lol: !! Put some meat in the freezer! You can buy some more tags next year!! Don't be so stingy with them.

3) When did you say your G/F is back from Thailand?? Going "Brokeback with the boys a few weekends in the fall is certainly no substitute for a heterosexual man:lol:. Send her a plane ticket for X-mas!

You can't do anything about 1&3 right now so focus on #2!! Go climb into that box for a few days and don't come out until you've filled a tag!!

SSS

Fisher-Dude
11-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Sorry G/G. I think your grumpiness is a result of a combination of SEVERAL factors.
1) Sure, G/Y's may cause grumpiness.

2) go cut a tag on something. Just pull out that "War and Peace sized" license in your pocket and flip through it and prioritize your "precious" tags. Start at the least important tag to you(that still has a season) and go fill it!! It will make you feel a lot better:lol: !! Put some meat in the freezer!

3) When did you say your G/F is back from Thailand?? Going "Brokeback with the boys a few weekends in the fall is certainly no substitute for a heterosexual man:lol:. Send her a plane ticket for X-mas!

You can't do anything about 1&3 right now so focus on #2!! Go climb into that box for a few days and don't come out until you've filled a tag!!

SSS

Ya, go rub the rust off yer trigger! Umm...I mean, go get some fresh meat! Ummm...I mean go blow off a few shots! Errr...go poke around in the bush! Damn! Just follow SSS's advice. :wink:

GoatGuy
11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Funny, both of you, really funny!!!

I just can't seem to do it! I did put my scope on one buck last week for a couple seconds but still just can't seem to squeeze the trigger! The GF isn't gonna like that.........................

The good news is he'll be a dandy next year!!!!!!!

bad arrow
11-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Those are a couple of nice racks, hope to do the same this weekend in the ok, as I made too many mistakes last weekend:)