PDA

View Full Version : Nuisance elk in PG (MU 7-15 Salmon valley)

recoil
07-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Well i got lucky this year and drew a private land only antlerless elk in 7-15 starting Dec.15. I know its a few months away but i am hoping to get prepared in advance. I was curious to know if there are any friendly landowners on HBC that have some extra elk that need may need removing this upcoming winter, or if anyone had this tag last year and perhaps could offer some suggestions to friendlies in the area. I don't live in PG but i travel there often for work and hope to do some scouting in the next few weeks. I would be more than willing to exchange some choice cuts of meat and even some work on your farm in order to harvest my elk.

I have already registered for hunter/landowner link but not much going on their right now.

Thanks in advance.

swampthing
07-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Sorry. I live nearby but have no land for you to hunt on. Have fun.

recoil
11-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Bump, 5 weeks until draw starts. I'm going up scouting in two weeks, what's everyone seeing for elk in the area?

moosinaround
11-06-2012, 07:23 PM
If I told you, the girl at work who has the same tag would kick my ass!! Sorry! Moosin

.330 Dakota
11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
If I told you, the girl at work who has the same tag would kick my ass!! Sorry! Moosin

Moosin,,,youre funny, now he's gonna nag ya...laughin

kootenayelkslayer
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Bump, 5 weeks until draw starts. I'm going up scouting in two weeks, what's everyone seeing for elk in the area?

The big question is: Have you had any luck with private property owners?? I can definitely think of a few properties that I'd want to be hunting if I were you, whether or not they'll grant you permission is another story.

recoil
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't nag Moosin just cause he's afraid of a girl, that's just low.

Kootenay, yes i have a couple properties that i have access to right now although the owners say it can be hit or miss whether the elk show up or not. I would like to get permission from at least a couple more landowners to better my chances of connecting.

Jagermeister
11-06-2012, 08:02 PM
If I told you, the girl at work who has the same tag would kick my ass!! Sorry! MoosinMaybe you should try to hook the chick and Recoil up so that they can do it together.

kootenayelkslayer
11-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Kootenay, yes i have a couple properties that i have access to right now although the owners say it can be hit or miss whether the elk show up or not. I would like to get permission from at least a couple more landowners to better my chances of connecting.

I'll send ya a PM.

Buckzilla
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Maybe you should try to hook the chick and Recoil up so that they can do it together.
Yeah, then they could go hunt together after....

BCrams
11-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Might not have to help you out if Kootenayelkslayer give info. There`s a couple properties that hold elk consistently off the Salmon River just north of PG. Out of all 7-15 thats where you want to focus getting on.

kootenayelkslayer
11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Might not have to help you out if Kootenayelkslayer give info. There`s a couple properties that hold elk consistently off the Salmon River just north of PG. Out of all 7-15 thats where you want to focus getting on.

I don't think I was as helpful as I hoped to be haha