PDA

View Full Version : info please! Lillooet

untilthelastbeat
07-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Im looking for information on a few things here. im going to be hunting just north of lillooet on the road to the big bar ferry. iv hunted there a few years ago in early december and it was about -25 all day with about 1-2 feet of snow in most areas. we were hunting about an hour and 45 min in from the highway.

so basicaly id like any information you have about the weather conditions from nov 1st - 30th. also any information on the deer activity and the rut during that month would be realy apreciated aswel. when i was there in december they seemed to still be rutting but most likely the tail end. it was hard to tell as i was only there for a day and a half.

and if any of you have any pictures of this country or animals you have taken there or any other tips, tricks or info you would like to share id apreciate it all. im planning a 10 day or 2 week trip and im pretty exited to see what happens this year.

thanks in advance guys!

untilthelastbeat
07-14-2012, 11:30 AM
bump it up

kennyj
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
My daughter and I hunted in that area a couple of years ago. We were there in early nov and the rut was on. We found this guy on the first day, Nov 6 I think, with a doe. Nice country.
Good luck.
kenny
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Deer_09_033.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Deer_09_108.jpg

untilthelastbeat
07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Awesome deer kenny! man that gets me stoked... and thanks for the reply i apreciate it. i picked up a shed from that country that looks very similar to his right side

Boner
07-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I spent alot of time up there this spring. Steep country. All of the deer that I saw were in the fields below the West Pavillion Road and the Fraser River.

untilthelastbeat
08-09-2012, 06:53 AM
anybody seen any bighorns up around there?

Getbent
08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
They are there, met up with a guide one time, way up top with a dude from pennsylvania, we were having lasagne in the oven and they had been eating nothing but noodles and stuff that the guide had buried in little caches all over the place. he couldn't believe that we were having fresh lasagne so they ate with us and we got a little backstrp in return ;) from a beauty they had taken that morning.
So yes they are there, and this guide knew right where to find em. this was early in the season.

getbent

untilthelastbeat
08-09-2012, 05:13 PM
hmmmm cool story, thanks!