PDA

View Full Version : Williams Lake - Mill Buck

4 point
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
My son took this picture at 30 feet right behind the mill office yeserday morning. He is going to be a beauty of a "city buck" come fall.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/mcllp/Williams20Lake20Deer-size20sm_21-1.jpg (http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/mcllp/Williams20Lake20Deer-size20sm_21-1.jpg)

Anfoman76
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
He's a beauty! I'd lie down too if I had all that on my head!

dino
07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
he better not step out of bounds or some bow hunter is gonna get him.

warnniklz
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
there's lots of nice deer out in the dairy fields... right down town

TIKA 300
07-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Holy truck !!! Nice...

kennyj
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Yup, thats a beauty. Nice photo.
kenny

srupp
07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
lol there are two more that are just a "tad bit" more shy..the one is wider with lots of trash...

some absolute HAWGS live around and on the outskirts of the pond..the 'Hodgson rd bucks are back and bigger than last 3 years..

After 15 YEARS I finaly got permisson to access an area that is completly locked out to anyone without "permisson" it holds crankers also..

steven

Spy
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
He is a beauti for sure! It's actually nice to have a couple big bucks around that are off bounds to us! I had two in my garden yesterday & what a thrill it was to get some pics of them sneaking up to the windowsill they would not bolt,lol I even had some buck fever!

Later that day my neigbour (vegan) asked If I had seen the two bucks in my garden, "sure did I replied"excitedly!When his wife says "you like to cut them up into steaks!" No !"I relplied "just like having them around!"Which is the truth about it it's just great to look at them sometimes & admire them instead of wanting to cut them up into steaks! Maybe Im getting old! Great picture thanks for shareing, if he makes it to next year maybe he will have another drop tine!

warnniklz
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
the 'Hodgson rd bucks are back and bigger than last 3 years..

After 15 YEARS I finaly got permisson to access an area that is completly locked out to anyone without "permisson" it holds crankers also..

steven

Hunting the bell-e-buck hole at the golf course ah ha?

TheProvider
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Might be worth taking a look for sheds

Jelvis
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice buck but wouldn't score high at all, crab claws on front forks and all. The rack isn't that appealing compared to a even typical four point. imho. One month till it's done growing. Maybe three more inches.
For a euro mount not a stuff job. Maybe 22 inches wide maximum.
Jel .. Nice for some ones first buck tho .. Hey

kwasky
07-13-2012, 09:05 PM
nice looking buck for sure

The Dawg
07-13-2012, 09:48 PM
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/mcllp/Williams20Lake20Deer-size20sm_21-1.jpg

Jelvis
07-13-2012, 10:06 PM
A hybrid? lol

Walking Buffalo
07-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Nice buck but wouldn't score high at all, crab claws on front forks and all. The rack isn't that appealing compared to a even typical four point. imho. One month till it's done growing. Maybe three more inches.
For a euro mount not a stuff job. Maybe 22 inches wide maximum.
Jel .. Nice for some ones first buck tho .. Hey

That's one big crab.

Jelous Jelvis....

BCHunterTV
07-14-2012, 11:47 AM
thats a nice buck

doubled
07-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Beauty buck. Chase him off into legal grounds and BOOM!

dana
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Great looking buck! No crab claws there, just split mains. ;)

Ourea
07-14-2012, 03:21 PM
I think it is great that there are areas/locations that are close to, or in, population centers that have some good bucks. Gives both hunters and non's a chance to see and enjoy them. These bucks give you as a hunter a chance to watch and evaluate.....to develop better field judging skills......way better opportunity than learning field judging off a DVD or website.

I digress........
I'm still pissed to this day that some idiots tried to poach a couple Booner's that were roaming our neighborhood a few years back. They were put down by the CO as they had arrows hanging out of their guts. Idiots.
Just Appreciate these urban dwelling monarchs for what they are.

Great picture of a decent buck by the way! Thanks for posting him up!!

coach
07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Great post, Ourea! Great looking buck, 4 Point!

srupp
07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
hmmm just got a charger for my Nikon (last one is still in Hawaii..lol ) will attempt to get photos of his bigger brother...

steven

pronghorn
07-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Great looking buck has some mass to him and that beauty drop tine.Great pic

Jelvis
07-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Once the velvet comes off the mass goes down a lot haha, I guess you hunters understand why?
Jelly ( Don't Act ) Like I never told yah! Beauty buck for sure. I'd take em if he came to Kamloops .. POW!
Early before later October for the venison .. and put that rack in the shed .. to show and tell ..

Timbow
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
If Williams Lake has some of the idiots that Quesnel has, his days are number. Even a city limit bylaw won't help me. He's is a beauty.

he better not step out of bounds or some bow hunter is gonna get him.

WKCotts
07-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Any charges ever come of that???

I think it is great that there are areas/locations that are close to, or in, population centers that have some good bucks. Gives both hunters and non's a chance to see and enjoy them. These bucks give you as a hunter a chance to watch and evaluate.....to develop better field judging skills......way better opportunity than learning field judging off a DVD or website.

I digress........
I'm still pissed to this day that some idiots tried to poach a couple Booner's that were roaming our neighborhood a few years back. They were put down by the CO as they had arrows hanging out of their guts. Idiots.
Just Appreciate these urban dwelling monarchs for what they are.

Great picture of a decent buck by the way! Thanks for posting him up!!

4 point
07-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I think I'll tell my son to chase him away IF he is still hanging around. I wanted to just post what I thought was a very nice buck picture that was emailed to me of a city buck. Not have goofs want to break any and all laws to just get him. Fair chase hunting on crown land, in GOS or LEH seasons is what I do and support only.