PDA

View Full Version : Mulie hunting

Frosty
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm just curious if anyone has spent much time in between big bar and gang ranch on the fraser river? Does anyone know what the present road conditions are up west pavillion rd? Is there any snow in the area at the moment? We're heading up there for a few days hunting and are just wondering what to expect.
What kind of numbers have you seen for deer in the area? And lastly have they moved down out of the high country yet?
Thanks for your help on any of these questions.

BCLongshot
11-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Snow and rain. Go anyways.

scoot
11-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Myself and 4 others were up there till the end of October. on about the 29th, there was one heack of a dump, nothing down on the ranch but Blackdome had about two and a half feet. We were up blackdome way the day after the snowfall about half way up to the mine I stopped seeing tracks. the nights of the 30th and 31st were better than -20 for us.

harbinger
11-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Not really any deer there you should check out Clearwater!

CooperSscat
11-13-2006, 01:28 PM
My dad and I just got back from Empire Valley/Black Dome Mountain. (MU 5-03) No bucks seen low or high or hanging in camps. We saw 8 doe hanging and heard multiple gunshots in short successions a number of times. Geeeeez. Incredible hunting pressure low down between Churn creek bridge and China lake road. Minimal snow at higher elevations, although a storm with flurries blew in late yesterday.