PDA

View Full Version : Waiting..

springpin
07-13-2012, 07:09 AM
So I get up, make a coffee, and get my fly rod, waders, kick boat and everything ready to go... Get to the trail to the lake I'm going to fish. I park my truck, get waders on. Then out of nowhere I hear the delicate sound of thunder...now I'm sitting here waitin for the storm to pass.

Now my coffee is gone, and the rain has picked up..I'm still waiting. Maybe I should have gone to work instead of taking a fishing day!! Who am I kidding, I'd rather be fishing.

As I sit in my truck, watching the squirrels, listening to the birds, and watching the clouds get darker, the rain is slowing down...is this just the calm before the real storm? Should I take the 15 min hike in and see what happens? I can hear the faint call of loons on the lake..they're fishing, so why can't I?

The thunder has subsided, and so has the rain...for now.

The wait is over, I'm going fishing. Even if it's only for a couple casts.

Happiness is watching the take from a nice Bow..watching the rod bend, having that fish fight for its life, then releasing that fish...we both go away happy.

Time to get fishing...
Springpin

shadow1982
07-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Its like poetry... perfectly written... does anyone else see it?

Glenny
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Like Red Fisher's book of poems. From Scuttle But Lodge.

07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
It is bloody perfect for your neck of the woods!
ive deeked out a couple storms there as well! most of ours were afternooners so the coffee was beer,,, but all the same! beer wouldnt fit so well in the poem!

springpin
07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Well, I called the fishing after a lightening strike hit probably 800m away. Managed a few casts. Wasn't intended as a poem, was just my thoughts typed out.

07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Dad, The wife and I were climbing up off the Wiggy two years ago. We left the river when we saw a black storm coming. On the way up i stopped to wait for my crying in fear wife.... I stopped and turned around to see where she was when i saw this fork hit both sides of the valley at our truck height.. The wife freaked! you could feel the static. We got to the truck and ran off the mountain in the biggest deluge i have ever seen. The next morning we realised we were trapped,,,, sort of. There was a land slide that blocked the short way out. We took the long way around, 100km instead of 5km. That land slide on the road by Broadwood happened that day, we talked to a couple guys who were walking up when it happened,,,,They had to wait 20 minutes while the mountain fell down. CRAZY....

The Dude
07-13-2012, 09:01 AM
It's like a garrulous Haiku
....pretty though....I can smell the clean air when you walk down to the lake after the rain.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Well written!
The loon can fish in a T-Storm becaue he doesn't fish with a 9 1/2' electrical conductor.

Good move to stick to cover!

SSS

steel_ram
07-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Love that smell in the air after a good thunderstorm, and how the fish go nuts, get reckless, totally off pattern after the lakes been pounded by a refreshing rain.