PDA

View Full Version : cattle vs deer feeder question

sarg
07-12-2012, 09:37 PM
does any one ever have problems with the range cattle getting in to there deer feeder? if so what can u do to provent it? i would like to set up a feed station next weekend but the area i'm thinking of has tonnes of range cattle and i dont want to feed them if i cant eat them http://bigshotsbc.ca/Smileys/default/smiley.gif or should i just stay away from the area? i would like to know what kind of white tails are in the area, i hear its not bad but i've never seen any,

Foxton Gundogs
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Just remember those cattle have a right to be there and and are entilted to fre and unrestricted use of the range within the terms of the ranchers grazing permit you may want to check with the MOF range div. before doing anything.

Fixit
07-12-2012, 09:43 PM
put up a 3 ft fence?

Moose Guide
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Can you bait deer before the season? Are the cattle on leased land, and if so do you need the lease holders permission to bait there? As for keeping the cattle out, a solar electric fencer might do the trick.

sarg
07-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Just remember those cattle have a right to be there and and are entilted to fre and unrestricted use of the range within the terms of the ranchers grazing permit you may want to check with the MOF range div. before doing anything.
i do realize that the cattle have the right to be there and the area im looking at doesnt have much for cattle sign around,but there not to far away, i guess i'm just looking for some suggestion

sarg
07-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Can you bait deer before the season? Are the cattle on leased land, and if so do you need the lease holders permission to bait there? As for keeping the cattle out, a solar electric fencer might do the trick.
its lease crown land and i dont think fence will work to far to pack in

Foxton Gundogs
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
its lease crown land and i dont think fence will work to far to pack in

and you cant put up fences of any kind on crown range like I said call the MOF discuss it with them then you will get your answers from those in charge. Way easier to make 1 call to the"powers to be" than try to sort out a bunch of info from here that may be right or wrong..