PDA

View Full Version : 7-04 Moose draw and grizz draw

JLsteel
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
We got our draws in 7-04 area and we plan to got scout the place in the summer, what area of that region you guys recommend?

Thanks a bunch

JLsteel
07-15-2012, 01:06 PM
I have been searching quite a bit on this site from previous postings. Appears that a large chunk of the lower elevation is private land and also access to the higher elevation has been blocked off. Sounds like my only option up top upper Raush is through Kiwa creek as I heard Lower Raush is pretty much all private and you cant get past it to get to the crownland. Does anyone know if it is possible to get into 7-04 region coming west by cutting through the Quesnel Lake area? I might be completely out to lunch and maybe my best option is to just hunt the kiwa area. Any help is greatly appreciated, no honey holes needed. I am just trying to determine possible access points.

SR80
07-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Castle creek by mcbride has always produced bulls for our group every time we've got that draw. First and third days were always our lucky days. Good luck

JLsteel
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for your reply, will have to keep that place in mind

SR80
07-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Ive been to kiwa and castle creek, I can tell you that the kiwa is thick, and there isnt much for huntable area in there, just a few roads to drive. The bottom would be good, but is all private. Castle is much more open, more cut blocks and swamps.