PDA

View Full Version : denetiah lake

big game chaser
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Am going into denetiah lake wondering if anyone has been there could pm me as never been there and would like some info?

big game chaser
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM
anybody been there?

Buck
07-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Wish i could help i have always wanted to go there.

Krico
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
anybody been there?

Lots of guys have. Unfortunately most sheep hunters won't help each other out, even if they have no plans on returning in the near future...sad really. If you contact the guy I mentioned in my pm I guarantee he'll help you out. Just like all the other known sheep lakes, there are sheep there. Just like all the other spots, you'll have to work for it.

boxhitch
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Take a fly rod, some nice rainbows to be had.

Buck
07-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I seem to remember that there is a cabin that can be used.Or is it Liard air's cabin?

Stone Sheep Steve
07-13-2012, 08:23 AM
I seem to remember that there is a cabin that can be used.Or is it Liard air's cabin?

Pretty sure the cabin at the east end of the lake belongs to the ministry. Doesn't appear on Liard's list of outpost cabins

riflebuilder
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
hunted and fished there pm me and I will give you the lowdown.

big game chaser
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks guys who have responded !much appreciate the info a guy kinda hates going in blind !

Buckster
07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Great area only there once. There are sheep there we were lucky an old guide my buddy knew out of Kelowna by the name of Harley White gave us a copy of his old map with locations of all his known water spots, sheep kills, and dates. The water holes were all dry, and it was terrible. We went without water for two days if you can believe it, but my buddy did land a monster. It was 20 years ago though and I don't know where the map is or if I even still have it? The cabin was there when we went and we used it as our base camp, as far as I know is there for public use. If I remember correctly we went straight up from the cabin over the mountian down the other side up the next pretty much straight lined it if there is such a thing when your sheep hunting? It was just on the other side of the ridge that he got his Ram. Bring a goat tag also as there are also some real crankers. Like everywhere else there are a few Grizz around. If you happen to do some fishing in the lake just keep a gun handy and your eyes open. My buddy Darryl was fishing the day before we came out, he had wadded out and was up to his waist in the water casting and on the shore behind him was a grizz just watching him do his thing. It wasn't until we noticed the bear and tried to get his attention that Darryl even knew it was there. Nothing happend the bear just wandered off on his merry way rolling over the rocks and eating bugs.

wiggy
07-17-2012, 10:24 PM
heard the deal is se; gonna be a hike to get to where your suppose to be;