PDA

View Full Version : Beaverdell to Penticton

Byson
11-11-2006, 07:54 PM
is there a good road between penticton and beaverdell my friend tells me carmine any info would help thanks

358mag
11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
yes there is a very rough ex logging- forest service road but if you dont know were it its or what road to branch off you will spend a lot of time + gas driving around ,use to have a few old hand painted signs on it but last time we went that way most of the signs were removed or shot up

Byson
11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
is there lots of cross ditches or is it just not graded i have a free place to stay in penticton but if this is a real crapy road i would rather stay in ossoyos and pay i never have had the chance to hunt white tail i want a good expierence

Joe89
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Yes, there is 2 ways to beaverdel from Penticton, I've travelled it many times, you can go up carmi to the 201, then keep going straight. It is a rough road, pretty steep in places, but nothing a 4x4 can't handle in the off snow season. There is also the Saunier creek road, it is not bad, I have taking a motor home through it to Beaverdell, but same thing, always without snow on it.
I went on the Saunier creek road last Sunday, and it was pretty icy. I wouldn't go on either this time of year without chains.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
11-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Like mentioned, these roads are old logging roads in a wilderness road state. There is also a way through in the Beblow. Not to mention, we are getting snow the last few days and alot of the road will have +/- 6 inches of snow on them now, and more to come shortly.

If you are looking for a place to stay and hunt in the Osoyoos area, have a look at our website. We offer a great accomodation for hunters and there is whitetail hunting 1 minute out the driveway. Have a look at our website at www.mckinneycreek.com (http://www.mckinneycreek.com).

I was out yesterday morning and found 4 fresh scrapes from the night before and signs of where two bucks were sparing. Heading out this afternooon to find them. Looks like they are moving more in the afternoon through the evening.

Good luck.

Byson
11-12-2006, 05:29 PM
thanks for all the info I don't know the area so i think i will stay closer to the areas i want to hunt i left you a message Mckinney Creek