PDA

View Full Version : Bison 7-57A Information wanted if you please

One Shot
07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I got a draw for Nov 1-16 after many years of trying. I am doing a lot of research and gathering any intel I can find. If you have any information that may be useful to me please send it to me. Thank you

I am looking at staying in accomodations there rather than camping.

I am thinking about bringing quads instead of sleds as from my research on historical weather reports there doesn't seem to be a lot of snow then for the last 5 years.

Now there appears to be some form of restrictions for vehicles in the area, still need to research this area. Any info or experience on this will help.

If any locals think different please update my info.

2chodi
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
That's a really hard question. Some years we have plenty of snow at that time and other years, none. I had a bison draw several years back for the Nov 20-30 time frame and we went up with snow machines and came back to town to get a couple of quads too. Quads got around easily and it was touch and go for the snow machines. Snow machines will definitely afford you more access if there is snow as there are ATV restrictions on the Halfway trail. You are supposed to stop with ATVs about here (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=56.9971,+-123.2767+&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.879582,90.087891&t=h&z=12). Here is the map (http://archive.ilmb.gov.bc.ca/slrp/lrmp/fortstjohn/muskwa/maps/access_routes_tabloid/halfway.pdf) off of the gov website.

Pink Mountain has an open camp - you might be able to get in there. You can also try the outfitter, but as someone else has noted in another posting, they are not taking bookings until they know what their requirements are for guided hunters.

fearnodeer
07-10-2012, 08:11 PM
You are suppose to stop a truck at the trappers cabin 6k in and an atv at sulfer creek about28k in but if you talk to Glen & Tylene from the first nations they will let you go futher

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
You are suppose to stop a truck at the trappers cabin 6k in and an atv at sulfer creek about28k in but if you talk to Glen & Tylene from the first nations they will let you go futher

they can not let you go further they don't own the land , follow the rules.......

Iltasyuko
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM

So like, what else can Glen and Tylene let you do?

ufishifish2
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I know they have offered my hunting partner to trade just about anything he had for smoked bison, frozen bison ribs, roasts, ground, etc, etc......
If anybody gets shut out 'never fear' cause Glen and Tylene have got the answers. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
07-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I know they have offered my hunting partner to trade just about anything he had for smoked bison, frozen bison ribs, roasts, ground, etc, etc......
If anybody gets shut out 'never fear' cause Glen and Tylene have got the answers. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldn't touch a thing of there traditional harvested bison.....................:?:

Bear Chaser
07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
wouldn't touch a thing of there traditional harvested bison.....................:?:

I wouldn't take any of their advice on where you can legally take a quad either. Learn where the boundaries are and stay within them.

daycort
07-13-2012, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't go in there personally. I was there last year and ran into 3 crazy guys with horses calling each other Bruce!! I do believe the trail is weight restricted as well. Shut down area is sulphur creek. Used to be a sign there.