PDA

View Full Version : Thorlo socks, exact model

RiverOtter
07-10-2012, 04:20 AM
I was in Spokane a few weeks ago and came across a Thorlo sock sale, $13 for the first pair and get a second pair at 1/2 price. I knew Thorlo was good stuff, but could not for the life of me remember what weight/model was recommended to me, so I ended up getting none......:-(

Anywho, I may be going back here in a short while, and would like to be armed with some better intel. So if anyone runs Thorlo's and has a specific model and weight that is killer for hiking, I'd be much obliged.......

boxhitch
07-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Sounds like a case of HBC dependency . You need prof help. :)
Just because 'someone else says so .......?
Why not just buy whats in hand , reading manufacturer details, and try them out?
Not much help, am I ?

bigwhiteys
07-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Thorlo "Trekking" socks... Should say "Level III" cushioning somewhere on the package. Normally about $25 a pair.

Carl

Buck
07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
What store was that i am going there next week?

RiverOtter
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a case of HBC dependency . You need prof help. :)
Just because 'someone else says so .......?
Why not just buy whats in hand , reading manufacturer details, and try them out?
Not much help, am I ?

A bit of dependency, as there are a few guys on here I actually trust for input on certain items....:smile:

If you could see how many socks I currently have on hand, you'd understand why I didn't just buy more on a hunch. Heck, I got about 25 pairs of merrino socks in varying weights still in packaging, waiting for other socks to wear out.........:shock:

My wife actually calls me a sock Whore-der...but what does she know........:-P

RiverOtter
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
What store was that i am going there next week?

General Store, right on division. Heads up though, for most other things, White Elephant just down the street had much better pricing.

If you wouldn't mind, and if you're passing through Colville, check out Clarke's All Sports and let me know what you think. I didn't have time on the way home, but won't pass it again if its half ass decent.

RiverOtter
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Thorlo "Trekking" socks... Should say "Level III" cushioning somewhere on the package. Normally about $25 a pair.

Carl

Much appreciated Carl, I will write it down for future reference......

thepitchedlink
08-10-2012, 08:11 AM
I second the "Trekker " model, but also really like the "Mountain " one as well, as it's a bit thicker and I got a small foot, so always trying to take up room. I wear a light liner under both. I've switched to the Icebreaker ones recently as I too found them on sale.....Mountain version of them as well

bigwhiteys
08-10-2012, 08:17 AM
I will have to look more closely at the mountain ones, I've got a little extra space in my boot from moving from 12's to 12.5's.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-10-2012, 09:17 AM
They carry them at Robertson's Clothing in Kelowna.....a couple of different models.

I wore the III's yesterday with an old pair of boots that fit a little smaller and put on 22kms. I would certainly concur that you need a little more space in your boots. Toes are feeling a little bruised and sore today. Used my new boots(which fit a little bigger) with the same socks on Tues and put on 32kms without the sore feet the next day.

Take your current boots with you to make sure you have enough space.

SSS

lorneparker1
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
They carry them at Robertson's Clothing in Kelowna.....a couple of different models.

I wore the III's yesterday with an old pair of boots that fit a little smaller and put on 22kms. I would certainly concur that you need a little more space in your boots. Toes are feeling a little bruised and sore today. Used my new boots(which fit a little bigger) with the same socks on Tues and put on 32kms without the sore feet the next day.

Take your current boots with you to make sure you have enough space.

SSS

When are you going turn up the training to get ready for hunting season? 54 kms in 3 days pfft.

:)

Lorne