PDA

View Full Version : Adams River water level

Wrayzer
07-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Heading to Anglemont for some work tomorrow, thinking of taking the fly rod and throwing some line out in the Adams River. Dont have a boat for the mouth so I'd be taking Waders, how are the water levels? Is it even worth trying or should a take a look at some other spots in the area.
I've heard Muddlers work good for the Bows, probably take some good old wooly buggers too, Which fly patterns have you guys had success with?

skibum
07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
The water was right up to the turn-off to the parking lot last week, and the gate was locked. Haig parking lot was closed.

Guess you could park along the road and wade into the parking lot and then go and see how the mouth of the river looked

doubled
07-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Always fished there with egg patterns when the socks were there. Now would be when the fry enter the lake so any fry type pattern should work. Big rainbows hanging aroun where the river meets the shuswap. Good luck.

Wrayzer
07-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up DoubleD and Skibum.

River was way too high, didnt try embarking down to the mouth so I hit Pillar Lake on the way home, nice spot, trout were hanging real deep.

Doing the Anglemont drive again Thursday and Friday so I'll bring the rod and check out water levels then.