PDA

View Full Version : First timer 3 d course.

AlanF
07-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Well that was a bit of fun. I am new to archery (want to bowhunt this fall) and have only been target shooting 3 or 4 times so far. Took a walk tonight at the Comox Lake 3d course. What fun! Only managed 3 or 4 of the targets before it got too dark. Much more fun than shooting at targets in the range by the club house.
I bought my bow package from the Hunters Friend at Christmas time and so far 3 of my arrows have had the inserts for the points pull out! Is this fairly common or did I get a batch of arrows with a crappy glue job? I am a do it your self kind of guy so I will have to look into the supplies needed to build my own arrows. Any suggestions for an appropriate set up for making and or repairing arrows?
Thanks
Alan

000buck
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
black loc tight instant adhesive (dont have the number handy but i think its 380)

Bow Walker
07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
If you plan to build your own arrows from scrtach you'll need a fw things.........

A good cut-off saw....
A decent fletching jig....
A supply of vanes/feathers....
A good adhesive for inserts....(try AAE FastSet Gel or Black Loc-Tite)
A good adhesive for flteching....(AAE FastSet works great)

Make sure that the insides of the arrow shaft are cleaned and then roughed up a bit before you glue in the inserts. It'll go a long ways to making the bond permanent.

PM inbound......