PDA

View Full Version : Bull Moose LEH for 6-01

finetuned
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I managed to get a draw for 6-01 LEH and am wondering if anyone has any experience hunting this area? i have spent a few hours researching and see that it's quite a difficult area to hunt. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

todbartell
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I've hunted 6-01 in September about ten years ago for bulls. Should be lots of moose around, with all the recent pine beetle logging it's created a lot of prime feeding areas. We hunted down the red road I believe, just south of Knewstubb. Seen some moose but didn't get a shot at a bull within range in the few days we had to hunt.

finetuned
07-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks Tod,

I hope to go there in the next couple of weeks to do some scouting but it's great to hear from people that have already tried hunting there. I would be interested in hearing from anyone with information on cabins or boats for rent in the area. I am looking forward to this hunt because I can finally bring my two boys with me so it should be a lot of fun.
Cheers, gary

buckshot
07-07-2012, 05:58 AM
My wife and I also have a tag for this area. Cabins are available at Tatuk or Finger lake resort. About 30 km to the east of the start of 6-1. It will be my 3rd time hunting moose in the area and have not had difficulty extracting bulls from there in the past. Good luck this season

finetuned
09-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Had a chance to check out the area and it looks great! We stayed the weekend at Finger Lake Resort(thanks Buckshot) on the August long weekend and had a great time. I'm bringing my youngest boy who will turn 16 during the hunt and I can't remember being this pumped about a hunt. I wish everyone a great hunt the fall. Cheers, Gary

buckshot
09-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Good luck on your hunt Gary! We head out on the 25th. Practice your cow call.

naswell
09-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Good Luck Dude ! Post Pics !

bigneily
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I've hunted 6-1 also camped at top lake and just drove the roads around glassing log cuts, Always had success. Bring lots of fuel. Good luck