PDA

View Full Version : 5-02A Moose Sept

pukakoe
07-06-2012, 07:59 AM
So my sons and I got a Moose draw for 5-02A. We have never been in that area and would love some insight on where to head. Its a pretty big area.

Thanks,

Geoff

Jelvis
07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Haven't got my link on LEH handy or paper so what is the boundaries of MU 5-02A then work within the boundaries on all sides? Give the total boundary names for MU 5-02A area the best you can.
When is your valid leh moose draw tag dated for to hunt? From what to what?
Bull or Cow/Calf?
Shared or group or singles?
Where are you living now in relationship to MU 5-02A? Eh? lol.
Jel .. Then we can go from there, like you said, it's a huge Mu 5-02, some excellent hunting for big game like moose and deer through out the ole dang thing.
Tell us your situation according to your moose hunting destination

sarg
07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I got a nice bull out of there last year, what dates are ur draw for? I'll send u a pm tonight about where I got my from.

Brian011
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Anywhere west of 100 mile. I got a bull last year in October, lots of areas get pretty crowded but lots of country to explore. Anywhere from Exeter to gustafson lake to snag lake all the way to dog creek.

pukakoe
07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Jel,

It is pretty much starts from half way between Clinton and 100 Mile, all the way to Williams Lake and west to the Fraser River. It is for a group hunt with my sons for Bull Moose Sept 10-30. we live in the lower mainland, so scouting trips may not work out.

Thanks,

Geoff

Haven't got my link on LEH handy or paper so what is the boundaries of MU 5-02A then work within the boundaries on all sides? Give the total boundary names for MU 5-02A area the best you can.
When is your valid leh moose draw tag dated for to hunt? From what to what?
Bull or Cow/Calf?
Shared or group or singles?
Where are you living now in relationship to MU 5-02A? Eh? lol.
Jel .. Then we can go from there, like you said, it's a huge Mu 5-02, some excellent hunting for big game like moose and deer through out the ole dang thing.
Tell us your situation according to your moose hunting destination

shed-hunter1
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
it could be hot be prepared to work fast if you get one

cariboobill
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Hello Pukakoe:

I live in this region of 5-2 and hunt A lots. I would say the best areas for 5-02-A are from the Area around Valentine and Edmonds Lake to the area along the 1100 road towards the Fraser river. Lots of water holes that hold moose in these areas all year round. Both lakes mentioned are great fishing and great central spots to set camp up to hunt from. Close to 100 Mile for supplies.

regards and good luck,

Cb

sarg
07-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello Pukakoe:

I live in this region of 5-2 and hunt A lots. I would say the best areas for 5-02-A are from the Area around Valentine and Edmonds Lake to the area along the 1100 road towards the Fraser river. Lots of water holes that hold moose in these areas all year round. Both lakes mentioned are great fishing and great central spots to set camp up to hunt from. Close to 100 Mile for supplies.

regards and good luck,

Cb
yup we got 2 deer,1black bear and a bull moose in 10 days there last year oct 1-10 :) we seen 5 bull moose behind Valentine lake and got one of them good luck we seen all the deer on the 1100 rd and we camped at Valentine lake