PDA

View Full Version : Understanding leh draw?

allan
07-03-2012, 08:59 PM
My friend drew an leh for 4-8c, antler less elk sept 1-30 this year. He asked me but I didn't know , is he allowed to shoot with a rifle from the first of sept or only the 10th when the gun season opens up? Second question, I've never hunted there before and would like anyone's thoughts on this if this is a good area to bow hunt other species? Mulie, white tail, spike fork Moses and bull elk is all open to archery then. I pack a bow and would like to know if this is worth my time to go with him from the fourth to ninth of sept ? Thanks

Bowzone_Mikey
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
if his LEH is from sept 1 then he can use his rifle on sept 1 ... as for the area in question .... Not my Forte'

monasheemountainman
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM
if it doesnt specify archery only, you are good to go

Allen50
07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
want the true answer go to the closest Co and ask and get the real and proper info on your hunt, dont want to lose the elk if you shoot one and your in the wrong spot for some reason,, could be bad,,, good luck,,:mad:

cariboobill
07-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Allen50 got it right. Talk to the closest CO and get his or her answer and make note of it. Best and only real option with legal questions on hunting.

CB

The Hermit
07-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Actually there are Archery Only LEH draws and it will define the inclusive date on which it is valid. So if your friend has an Archery Only draw then thats what it is.

allan
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey thanks for the info, very much appreciated, my next question. How does one go about getting really good maps of the area?