PDA

View Full Version : I made a mistake and now I could really use some help....

barry1974w
07-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Well it seems like I wrote down the wrong number when filling out the application cards for my groups shared hunt this year. But on the bright side we got a bull draw for 6-02 zone a. I'm pretty familiar with 6-01 where I meant to apply, but I don't even know how to get to 6-02.... It looks like it's a boat access only area, but I don't know for sure. If anybody has any info on how I can get there,or if you know about boat launches with a reasonably short trip across that would be great.

Everett
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
You might want to consider float plane access Lake district air is out of Burns Lake

604redneck
07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
On the bright side there are lots of big bulls there

Darksith
07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Thats tweedsmuir
...Do you have a boat? You can PM me for some info if you'd like.

guntech
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Joe at Nechako Lodge on Knewstubb Lake has a float plane and take hunters in and out of that area. Nechako Lodge is about 90 minutes out of Vanderhoof. Google Nechako Lodge.

Everett
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Thats tweedsmuir
...Do you have a boat? You can PM me for some info if you'd like.

6-02A is outside the park same island 6-02B is the park. Wife and I are headed to 6-02B this year in Sept.:-D

Darksith
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
my bad, 6-02A is littered with roads from logging. barge access only. That being said Ron VanTine the GO has a barge and maybe willing to transport you and your truck across for a fee. Ive done this before, hes a great guy, but timing is everything with that area. Don't be late, last half of september is when you wanna be there. If ron won't take you across your kinda stuck to hunting the shoreline via boat, or attempt to get quads across...there are some guys that have a landing barge that do that hunt yearly taking across their quads, you might get lucky and find them at the east ootsa barge xing at the old log dump on the east side of the arm. Otherwise your flyin in, and most likely landing on one of VanTines hunting camps, he won't be to happy about that I bet if he has clients in there around that time, but I would definately be calling Ron. He'll be straight with ya...if you do barge across you can't have enough fuel with you fyi

Everett
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I was told last week that Van Tine had sold out to another outfitter but can't remeber the name

Darksith
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
could be, I know it was for sale. Probably the guy that owned the area east of the chelaslea road. Its been a few years since I was up that way, but I grew up in the area and have known ron for a long time. Either way if you called ron he could put u in contact with the new owner, who might be willing to barge a guy across. And Rons a business man, he probably didn't sell the barge with the territory, so he might still be willing to take a guy across. The logging contractor that used to run that area probably still has a barge there as well, he had it on a lease from alcan I believe. Hes not supposed to take peeps across, but I know the boys go over there every year during open season with that barge. he might be someone to call as well, but again its been a few years so Im not totally current on my info. Thats definately a time you don't wanna be there, you think your all by yourself when all of a sudden theres drunk rednecks in beat up toyotas everywhere lol.

barry1974w
07-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you all for the info so far. I'll try to find Ron's phone number. I have a 16 foot lund for a boat, but I'm not all that confident on big water. As far as I can tell looking at the maps I currently have, if I can't barge across I think trying to find a place to camp along the narrower southern portion of Ootsa lake then boating across and hunting from shore might be my best bet. I'll be double checking all my LEH applications in the future. Thanks again, any more ideas or info would be great.