07-02-2012, 08:13 PM
never been in that area. an what the chance of finding one there. thx

The Dawg
07-02-2012, 08:53 PM
None. No grizzlies there at all

:D

bowhunterbruce
07-02-2012, 09:30 PM
The ex and I had that draw in 09,we did see one beautiful blond and almost took it when her 2year old cubs came running out of the scrub behind us and took off towards mom when she stopped beside a slash pile and huffed.

Try any of the cut blocks off the kennedy siding turn off
bhb

emerson
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Lots of trucks/quads everywhere.

sillybear
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I have the same draw! Hopefully we will see you there. I also have never been in the area before. Looking forward to it.
Sillybear.

SyntheticHero
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
my self and some Friends had a moose draw there a few years ago, there was definitely sign of grizzly in the area. Just thought I'd let you know since we learned the hard-way about that area. There are two ways to access that area, one from the Bear lake side. follow the Hart about 30 min north and take a right at Red Rocky Rd and follow it to the Tacheeda lakes. you will have full access to part of 7-23a, you will come up to a bridge and the bridge has been washed out for a few years. However that's where we ran into a grizzly, if you want to hunt the other side you're going to have to float over in a boat. Or drive further up to Mackenzie and drive in the other access which goes through some sort of B.C. Hydro facility or something like that (we didn't go up that way) .

So it's kind of a pain, but I wanted to give you a heads up on the bridge situation. Because it sucks to make camp an hour away from that area (Tacheeda Lakes) to find you cant access the other side of the area without a boat or moving camp. Anyways saw a big one right at the washed out bridge and lots of sign, mind you that was a few years ago. But the area is beautiful, the back roads are great, and the people we ran into were friendly. Good luck :-)

Schmaus
07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
my self and some Friends had a moose draw there a few years ago, there was definitely sign of grizzly in the area. Just thought I'd let you know since we learned the hard-way about that area. There are two ways to access that area, one from the Bear lake side. follow the Hart about 30 min north and take a right at Red Rocky Rd and follow it to the Tacheeda lakes. you will have full access to part of 7-23a, you will come up to a bridge and the bridge has been washed out for a few years. However that's where we ran into a grizzly, if you want to hunt the other side you're going to have to float over in a boat. Or drive further up to Mackenzie and drive in the other access which goes through some sort of B.C. Hydro facility or something like that (we didn't go up that way) .

So it's kind of a pain, but I wanted to give you a heads up on the bridge situation. Because it sucks to make camp an hour away from that area (Tacheeda Lakes) to find you cant access the other side of the area without a boat or moving camp. Anyways saw a big one right at the washed out bridge and lots of sign, mind you that was a few years ago. But the area is beautiful, the back roads are great, and the people we ran into were friendly. Good luck :-)

This is a good example that a little bit of research goes a long way

.330 Dakota
07-16-2012, 10:07 AM

I would guess that by your Avatar pic,,,,you found one...lol

barry1974w
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
The hiway runs right through the area, access is not great, but there's a fair number of bears.