PDA

View Full Version : Hipocrits

ryanshaw44
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
We all hunt. How many people here have others coming to you saying how horrible or wrong hunting is? Yet will bite in to a big burger or juicy steak while they preach to you! That hunting it wrong. It just pisses me off. IMO you should not say anything unless your a vegan andreally own no leather products. Then you might have a valid point to make. ( yet I still think is ridiculous ). But then at least you can back up the point your trying to make.

Iom just venting, this sh@! Pisses me off

Shooter
07-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't feed people that bitch about my hunting. They can graze on my lawn if they like.

reach
07-01-2012, 10:32 PM
IMO you should not say anything unless your a vegan andreally own no leather products.
And live on some other planet, so that the space you live in can revert to wildlife habitat, and the plants you eat can feed animals instead...

We ALL kill animals, directly or indirectly. Humans are part of nature and it's foolish to think otherwise.

ruger#1
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
It makes me mad that the vegatarians are eating all the animals feed stock. Bad Veggie

Gateholio
07-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I always laugh when I encounter those people. And by laugh, I mean I laugh RIGHT AT THEM, IN THEIR FACE. :)

I tell them that the meat they eat is garbage, I would never eat that crap= why would you want to eat medicated beef that fattens up in feed lots knee deep in shit when you could eat wild, organic moose?

You wear leather shoes and belts that someone else has killed but you scoff at me killing animals?

I've been through this so many times, that as I said, I just laugh. I always keep a smile on my face, but I comically point out that grocery store meat is full of chemicals, free range chickens mean that the chicken has a small door they can leave the warehouse and go outside if they want (but the food is inside, so why would they go outside?) and even much "organic" labeled meat is suspect at times.

best way to convert the ignorant is to learn how to properly cook game, then invite them to dinner. A few weeks ago I was at a birthday BBQ for one of my buddys. Lots of non hunters there, so I brought a couple of packs of moose bratwurst. People were hesitant at first, but they came back for more and ended up eating it all.

Jeff88
07-01-2012, 11:17 PM
last year when my kids did the core program ,one of my daughters friends mom found out and offered to pay her not to take the coarse...

ryanshaw44
07-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Should of used the money for her to do the program lol. And said she didnt

The Dude
07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Like Gates said, you'll win more converts at the supper table than ANY where else.
I threw a BBQ at work one day while we were prepping a set for Scooby Doo, invited the teamsters, set dec, SPFX, and brought a large pack of each of Elk, Blacktail, Mulw Deer and Whitetail. Big toasted kaiser buns, tomatoes, big sliced pickles, red onions, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, etc etc.
I had a bunch of non-hunters saying "Wow, I can see why you hunt now. That's the best burger I've EVER had."
And then we danced. :D

warnniklz
07-01-2012, 11:54 PM
too bad your hunter number card doesn't come with a picture of a slaughter house on the back if it.

On a brighter note I've met plenty of vegans in Vancouver, who applauded me for hunting. They see the organic side and the animal's freedom in the wild.

But like you say, hipocrites, that will call you out for hunting and order a pepperoni pizza. Then I ask them where that pizza came from and make them feel shitty about themselves.

The Dude
07-01-2012, 11:58 PM
last year when my kids did the core program ,one of my daughters friends mom found out and offered to pay her not to take the coarse...

Yeah, should have taken the money and later bought bullets with it, and send her the receipt. Classic!

deer nut
07-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I used to care. Now I don't even engage. If you don't like that I hunt, I don't care - I am not looking for approval and you are not welcome at my table. I had one old friend just go off on me at a restaurant once, calling me a killer, a sadist and just getting stupid about the evils of hunting. Then he ordered the ribs and didn't even see the hypocrisy. Absolutely bizarre. That's when I decided It's just not worth the energy! I still try to be a good ambassador but would rather hang with like-minded people and make no apologies for being a hunter at all anymore.

The Dude
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
...... and it's spelled "Hypocrite"........ just a friendly heads up. :D

Gateholio
07-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I used to care. Now I don't even engage. If you don't like that I hunt, I don't care - I am not looking for approval and you are not welcome at my table. I had one old friend just go off on me at a restaurant once, calling me a killer, a sadist and just getting stupid about the evils of hunting. Then he ordered the ribs and didn't even see the hypocrisy. Absolutely bizarre. That's when I decided It's just not worth the energy! I still try to be a good ambassador but would rather hang with like-minded people and make no apologies for being a hunter at all anymore.

I also think it's important NOT to apologize. Don't try to sweet talk your way out of it. :)

Send it right back at them. I'm polite, but I know how to make someone look stupid if they give me the opportunity. ;)

Some people are beyond hope and yeah, I those people I just tune out. But I will laugh at their faces while I tune them out.

Glenny
07-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I tellem "My meat dies by bullets. Yours dies by safeway" Shuts up some of them.

carnivore
07-02-2012, 07:48 AM
I have used either of the following quotes on occasion.

Deuteronomy 14:6
"And every animal that parts the hoof, and has the hoof split in two, and chews the cud, among the animals, that you shall eat"

Aristotle - 384 BC - 322 BC
"If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting".

ryanshaw44
07-02-2012, 07:49 AM
...... and it's spelled "Hypocrite"........ just a friendly heads up. :D

Thanks. Lol

.330 Dakota
07-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Wow,,,that's nerve,,,over the line for sure,,,next time this friend comes over send her hme with some game sausage for Mom. I would write n the package,,"mind ur effi bizinezz"

.330 Dakota
07-02-2012, 08:28 AM
I like to explain how "trophy hunters" conserve more animals than meat hunters,,although I am actually both. I explain that a trophy huter may go years and not harvest an animal whereas the meat hunter will shoot one every year. The meat hunter will sometimes kill the 1st critter he/she sees where the trophy hunter will not,,,ergo trophy hunters kill less game.
Believe it or not, I have made several anti's see the logic in that argument,,to which they have responded,,,"I never thought of it that way"
Nothing against meat hunters but if we are to educate these morons, we must do it in baby steps,,and I think that argument is a good place to start.

ruger#1
07-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Clark. You can also tell them that dairy feed also is made with pork meal or chicken meal, Also the reason they have stopped using meat meal , AKA beef and dairy meat, is what the mad cow is from.

steel_ram
07-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Generally I don't engage the Anti hunter types. It's truly a waste of breath. Talking intelligently to those misinformed however can be quite rewarding. It's encouraging to see how many non hunters really are not against the combination of hunting for recreation and food.

Personally I find what I've seen of commercial animal production for food "sad" for the lack of a better word. But that is necessary to feed the masses. I prefer to kill by own meat, doing what it likes to be doing, living it's natural life in the wild.

No one has zero impact on wildlife. Soya crops are very non-green. Agricultural fences indiscriminately kill thousands of animals. Many specialty vegan or organic foods need to be shipped long distances causing environmental impact. As seen by my vegan neighbours recycling box, they certainly used more than their share of plastic tubs and supplement containers.

fearnodeer
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Generally I don't engage the Anti hunter types. It's truly a waste of breath. Talking intelligently to those misinformed however can be quite rewarding. It's encouraging to see how many non hunters really are not against the combination of hunting for recreation and food.

Personally I find what I've seen of commercial animal production for food "sad" for the lack of a better word. But that is necessary to feed the masses. I prefer to kill by own meat, doing what it likes to be doing, living it's natural life in the wild.

No one has zero impact on wildlife. Soya crops are very non-green. Agricultural fences indiscriminately kill thousands of animals. Many specialty vegan or organic foods need to be shipped long distances causing environmental impact. As seen by my vegan neighbours recycling box, they certainly used more than their share of plastic tubs and supplement containers.

Well said i would have to agree with you,

RENO
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I wonder some times? are people putting on an act or are they really that ignorant! by this I mean, where do they think meat comes from, I am starting to think we are living with a society of people that think al this food of every kind grows in a grocery store. They will go shopping see all the meats cut and displayed and wrapped and have no problem, with that but they see an animal go from hunting/farm stage to cleaning and final product that makes them sick. animals are sold all over the world in markets , of every kind live and dead, in cages or hanging. whether it be wild or domestic meat, there are allot of
citizens that have closed their minds to this step in the process from field to table, and if it is not in plastic and foam it's wrong. I have actually over head people say Oh Look there is blood in the package?? Like what where you expecting?
Some folks trying game meat, for the first time have a mental block that it will taste a certain way, which is different than what they are used to, so if it prepared properly , they will have a good first experience, or bad one and never try it again. People have become a little to cushy in their yuppie life styles,
a bubble of sorts around their home, family, what they want to see or hear.

*Question to OP, if for some reason , their was no grocery stores and you had to forage or grow your own and hunt for your meat. How do you think these other anti this and that hypocrites would make out.? You would have allot more friends soon,I think.

RENO
07-02-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UnxvGZtriw&feature=related

RENO
07-02-2012, 11:15 AM
This was filmed in the late 40's and broadcast in the 60's on the BBC , looks like 50 -60 years ago and look how we have progressed from this to Hypocrite Yuppies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxH7h_Tzwk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Livewire322
07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I've got friends that are vegetarians and they don't hate on the fact that I hunt, they probably don't like it but they'd never say it to me directly...
I explain it as I don't like the idea of an animal being put through the stresses of a slaughter house. I really don't understand the whole argument of "hunting is bad because YOU are killing animals" I can personally say that if I had the choice I'd prefer to live my life out freely and have it end quickly rather than being put through a slaughter house.

Caveman
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Makes what we do look pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yBJHX1C6n8

scoutlt1
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Ignorance is the biggest contributor to "anti-hunting" feelings as far as I'm concerned.
Ignorance of what hunting is all about, ignorance about how "boneless, skinless" chicken comes to be all nicely wrapped up in plastic at the supermarket.
But then if, as the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss"....shouldn't there be more happy people out there?? :confused:

steel_ram
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
It's not uncommon now in Western European butcher shops to see animals, head attached. Though hunting amongst the general public is pretty much non existant, the detachment from living animal to meat on the doesn't seem as far as it does in NA.

solo
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I have a friend who hates the idea of eating wild animals. When I pointed out to her that her cat kills far more animals every year than I ever could, she quit bugging me. I am kind of embarrassed that her cat racks up more kills than me, though. Hehe

quadrakid
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Education is a good thing. My wife the vegetarian cooks a mean moose roast. She chose to not eat meat as a teen and was anti hunting until she met me. She totally gets it and agrees that if your going to feed yourself and your kids meat make it wild.